Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Itinerary change by Swiss---I feel shortchanged.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
Itinerary change by Swiss---I feel shortchanged.

Booked CDG-ZRH-ATH (and return), swiss business upgrade.
Departure scheduled at 18.30, arrival in ATH expected at 00.10.

Since ZRH-ATH is "my choice" route, I expected to get 9000 status miles from this trip.

Arrived at the airport, checked in, got to the gate. There, they inform me that the incoming flight is very late so, they have rebooked me on A3, scheduled to depart at 21.50 and arrive in ATH around 02.00 am.

No, they dont have the courtesy of even getting me a new bp, I have to cross the whole airport again, get to the A3 counter, check in...lounge...hand luggage control again...wait almost four hours.

Nasty surprise, my A3 "booking" is not in business. I ask at the Swiss counter and they remedy this (at least). I ask what happens to my checked luggage? We'll put it on the A3 flight for you they assure me.

Results:

Sure enough when I arrive in ATH (already past 02.00 am) I wait 30 minutes by the belt but NO suitcase. I have to report this in the middle of the night. Thankfully it is delivered the next evening. More than 20 euros of nice french cheese gone bad...(stupid "liquid" rules).

Sure enough, NO miles whatsoever. No award, no status miles!

Yes, they did get me from A to B in relative safety and comfort.
No, I am not happy. I feel short changed.

Do I have any recourse? What would you do?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This is a clear case for "original routing credit". You'll have to send all the documentation (original booking, rebooked boarding passes etc.) to Miles & More, likely via fax, and request that you be credited for your originally booked flights. They will do it since you were rerouted involuntarily.

Sorry for the bag trouble!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.