Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, ex-Aeroplan Elite; Hertz #1 club
Originally Posted by Nick Art

I‘m pretty sure none of your flights are on Swissair :P

They are on Swiss. Sorry for not remembering the name change. Anyway, it is not relevant to my query.
Sun 16/09/2018
06:00 LHR 08:40 ZRH

LX 345
Sun 16/09/2018
09:40 ZRH 11:20 NAP

LX 1710

Last edited by donard; Sep 15, 2018 at 1:47 am
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:17 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by donard
They are on Swiss. Sorry for not remembering the name change. Anyway, it is not relevant to my query.
Sun 16/09/2018
06:00 LHR 08:40 ZRH

LX 345
Sun 16/09/2018
09:40 ZRH 11:20 NAP

LX 1710
Don‘t worry, It‘s because Swissair was grounded in 2001 that I‘m pretty sure you won‘t be flying on them.

Swiss (on which you will be flying) was created to serve as replacement basically. Still a rather dark chapter of Swiss Aviation history.

Last edited by Nick Art; Sep 15, 2018 at 2:32 am
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:54 am

Flying LED-ZRH-EWR soon with a 45 minute connection. Looks like I'll land at D and have to get to E via skymetro, correct? Any tips for getting through security faster?

I'm not too worried about the connection, but what about checked baggage?

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: A3 Gold, ex-Aeroplan Elite; Hertz #1 club
Arrived at and left from B

Originally Posted by chris63

LHR flights should arrive at D so no security to transfer to A for NAP departure, just an easy passport check between D & A.
We arrived at B (forget the number - the airbridge driver took about 6 attempts to get it right) and left for NAP from B01. This is a bus gate. There was passport control, 2 desks one for EU passportss, the other for others. No security. All OK.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by donard
We arrived at B (forget the number - the airbridge driver took about 6 attempts to get it right) and left for NAP from B01. This is a bus gate. There was passport control, 2 desks one for EU passportss, the other for others. No security. All OK.
Glad it all worked out for you 👍
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by dcas
Flying LED-ZRH-EWR soon with a 45 minute connection. Looks like I'll land at D and have to get to E via skymetro, correct? Any tips for getting through security faster?

I'm not too worried about the connection, but what about checked baggage?

Thanks
That is very tight, you will have to use the Heidi train & end with security, if you make it your bags most probably will, ZRH is one of the best EU airports.

If you are running late, ask to jump the line at security, if there is one.
dcas likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I have booked YUL-ZRH-CPH. As it stands, I have 50 minutes until my departure to CPH at 7:05. (It was 55 when I booked, but I see it has been cut down by 5 mins. since).

I know that's very tight, but I'm fine with a later arrival in CPH if we don't make it. My question is whether I should have any concerns about being accommodated on a later flight if I misconnect? I'm travelling in a party of four if that makes any difference.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
A party of four might be harder to accommodate than a single traveler, but Swiss will still do their best to get you to Copenhagen as fast as possible, that might also mean a connection through a different LHG hub.
heraclitus likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:06 am

Hello,

i will fly from SIN to FRA via ZRH on LX 177 and LX 1068 with a 45 Minutes connection time. Agent on the phone told me this should work (its a Miles and More Award ticket so i had not too many options for flights). Any comments or maybe someone did this flight?

Last edited by kevinhd; Dec 6, 2018 at 12:17 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:30 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by kevinhd
Hello,

i will fly from SIN to FRA via ZRH on LX 177 and LX 1068 with a 45 Minutes connection time. Agenton the prhone told me this should work (its a Miles and More Award ticket so i had not too many options for flights). Any comments or maybe someone did this flight?
Not a problem. Even if you miss the flight they will put you on the next that leaves only 1 hour and 10 minuted later.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:04 am

Hello, traveling from EWR ZRH (LX 019), ZRH to DEl (LX 146) business class with family, all on one itinerary and has a 55 minute layover. Enough time to transit? And if I'm coming from the US would it just be passport control and not security? If I did miss the connection to India I assume they would give us accommodation and put us on the flight the next day? Thank you!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:07 am

Perfectly fine. On the rare occassion that you arrive or depart not from E Gates, you'd have to pass security again, but even then the layover is fine (assuming more or less on time arrival)

Please note that to enter landside (hotel accomodation), you'd need a Schengen Visa (or be allowed to enter Schengen without one)
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Perfectly fine. On the rare occassion that you arrive or depart not from E Gates, you'd have to pass security again, but even then the layover is fine (assuming more or less on time arrival)

Please note that to enter landside (hotel accomodation), you'd need a Schengen Visa (or be allowed to enter Schengen without one)
Thank you, appreciate it. Yes, we are Singaporeans so assume no issues getting landside. I see previous posts there about taking people directly from one plane to another by coach, does that happen often? If we are a few minutes late does it help to inform crew on board about our next connection?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by wintersled
Thank you, appreciate it. Yes, we are Singaporeans so assume no issues getting landside. I see previous posts there about taking people directly from one plane to another by coach, does that happen often? If we are a few minutes late does it help to inform crew on board about our next connection?
No problem for Singaporeans

I'd say for a E->E connection (which yours will be 99%) there is (close to) zero percent chance for a coach/bus transfer, since it's basically in one terminal where walking between the gates is faster than heading down, driving around, getting up again etc.

You'd have to be over 30min late for the connection to be at risk, something rarely happening on long haul.

LX does have a very good system at making the connections, even if you're a bit late. They often hold long haul departures with connecting pax for a reasonable amount of time.

There is nothing to worry for you about. If your flight is on time, you'll have enough time for the lounge even.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No problem for Singaporeans

I'd say for a E->E connection (which yours will be 99%) there is (close to) zero percent chance for a coach/bus transfer, since it's basically in one terminal where walking between the gates is faster than heading down, driving around, getting up again etc.

You'd have to be over 30min late for the connection to be at risk, something rarely happening on long haul.

LX does have a very good system at making the connections, even if you're a bit late. They often hold long haul departures with connecting pax for a reasonable amount of time.

There is nothing to worry for you about. If your flight is on time, you'll have enough time for the lounge even.
Thank you, appreciate the insight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.