FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Booking seats from web not available? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1275130-booking-seats-web-not-available.html)

pixmotion Nov 1, 2011 11:46 am

Booking seats from web not available?

Hi;

I am flying from Swiss to SFO and do not see any choices for selecting seats. Is there any way to book online or do you need to go to the counter?

RTW1 Nov 1, 2011 12:24 pm

You cannot select your seat when booking through the Swiss website.... but you can call. Or just wait for OLCI 24hrs before the flight....

pixmotion Nov 1, 2011 12:29 pm

Re: Booking seats from web not available? Reply to Thread

Hi

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 17372682)
You cannot select your seat when booking through the Swiss website.... but you can call. Or just wait for OLCI 24hrs before the flight....

OK will try to call. That is a major thing for choosing an airline....Feels liek EasyJet otherwise.

Regards,

Jon

hifly15 Nov 1, 2011 2:41 pm

Yes, you can usually book them online, but you need to get an Amadeus PNR created for you by calling Lufthansa (if you dont have one already) and speaking to a knowledgeable agent. If they don't know what you're talking about or dont give it to you call back and speak to someone else. Then you can use Lufthansa.com or maybe LOT to choose/change your seat.

pixmotion Nov 1, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Booking seats from web not available?

Hi;

Originally Posted by hifly15 (Post 17373584)
Yes, you can usually book them online, but you need to get an Amadeus PNR created for you by calling Lufthansa (if you dont have one already) and speaking to a knowledgeable agent. If they don't know what you're talking about or dont give it to you call back and speak to someone else. Then you can use Lufthansa.com or maybe LOT to choose/change your seat.

Sorry but that is a logon profile? I have a Lufthansa account. Or do you mean something specific to the booking.

Regards,

Jon

hifly15 Nov 2, 2011 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by pixmotion (Post 17373605)
Hi;

Sorry but that is a logon profile? I have a Lufthansa account. Or do you mean something specific to the booking.

Regards,

Jon

What??? :confused::confused::confused:

DaniD Nov 3, 2011 6:26 am

Originally Posted by hifly15 (Post 17373584)

This is actually not a safe way to chose your seats. It might happen that the information from the LH system is not trasnferred to the LX system. So the seats might show in LH booking overview but are actually NOT reserved¨.

Best way is to call.

RTW1 Nov 3, 2011 12:06 pm

Or just be a little patient and wait for OLCI to open 24hrs before the flight. Than you can choose online...
I also like to select my seat when booking, but in reality it doesn't make a big difference.

Key8 Nov 4, 2011 1:36 am

All
What is so bad about phoning? Pick up a phone dial the number - talk to an agent - done.
Not so difficult is it?
(Swiss usually gets you life human being on the phone within a minute or so...unlike other airlines)

Travelite Nov 4, 2011 2:26 am

that is right I have always called the local call center and I have got all my seats confirmed and honored ...and I must say quite professional agents on the phone.:D