Booking seats from web not available?

Old Nov 1, 11, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MP Platinum+ / 1Million Miles+ and Flying Blue
Booking seats from web not available?

Hi;

I am flying from Swiss to SFO and do not see any choices for selecting seats. Is there any way to book online or do you need to go to the counter?
Old Nov 1, 11, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You cannot select your seat when booking through the Swiss website.... but you can call. Or just wait for OLCI 24hrs before the flight....
Old Nov 1, 11, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Re: Booking seats from web not available? Reply to Thread

Hi

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
You cannot select your seat when booking through the Swiss website.... but you can call. Or just wait for OLCI 24hrs before the flight....
OK will try to call. That is a major thing for choosing an airline....Feels liek EasyJet otherwise.

Regards,

Jon
Old Nov 1, 11, 2:41 pm

Yes, you can usually book them online, but you need to get an Amadeus PNR created for you by calling Lufthansa (if you dont have one already) and speaking to a knowledgeable agent. If they don't know what you're talking about or dont give it to you call back and speak to someone else. Then you can use Lufthansa.com or maybe LOT to choose/change your seat.
Old Nov 1, 11, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Re: Booking seats from web not available?

Hi;

Originally Posted by hifly15 View Post
Yes, you can usually book them online, but you need to get an Amadeus PNR created for you by calling Lufthansa (if you dont have one already) and speaking to a knowledgeable agent. If they don't know what you're talking about or dont give it to you call back and speak to someone else. Then you can use Lufthansa.com or maybe LOT to choose/change your seat.
Sorry but that is a logon profile? I have a Lufthansa account. Or do you mean something specific to the booking.

Regards,

Jon
Old Nov 2, 11, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by pixmotion View Post
Hi;

Sorry but that is a logon profile? I have a Lufthansa account. Or do you mean something specific to the booking.

Regards,

Jon
What???
Old Nov 3, 11, 6:26 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hifly15 View Post
This is actually not a safe way to chose your seats. It might happen that the information from the LH system is not trasnferred to the LX system. So the seats might show in LH booking overview but are actually NOT reserved¨.

Best way is to call.
Old Nov 3, 11, 12:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Or just be a little patient and wait for OLCI to open 24hrs before the flight. Than you can choose online...
I also like to select my seat when booking, but in reality it doesn't make a big difference.
Old Nov 4, 11, 1:36 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
All
What is so bad about phoning? Pick up a phone dial the number - talk to an agent - done.
Not so difficult is it?
(Swiss usually gets you life human being on the phone within a minute or so...unlike other airlines)
Old Nov 4, 11, 2:26 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
that is right I have always called the local call center and I have got all my seats confirmed and honored ...and I must say quite professional agents on the phone.