Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: CAA/AAA 500 pt Offer- at Four Points throughout Ontario

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: CAA/AAA 500 pt Offer- at Four Points throughout Ontario

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Lightbulb PROMO: CAA/AAA 500 pt Offer- at Four Points throughout Ontario

CAA/AAA Members save. Present your CAA/AAA membership card and receive:

•Full breakfast for two
•500 bonus Starpoints per stay
•Offer valid for stays May 7 to August 12, 2010
Book online, or call 866-716-8101 and ask for the CAA/AAA rate.

*Participating Four Points locations in Ontario - Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Lakeshore, Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport West, Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, Four Points by Sheraton Cambridge Kitchener, Ontario

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/ontari...ST_DESTINATION
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Here is an easier path to the 500 pts CAA/AAA offer for each participating location. Rate is AUTOV

Four Points by Sheraton Cambridge Kitchener, Ontario
http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Poi...el-3278/so.htm

Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Poi...el-1748/so.htm

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Lakeshore
http://deals.fourpoints.com/Fourpoin...el-1243/so.htm

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport West
http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Poi...P_1473_SOP_CAN

Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Poi...P_1355_SOP_CAN
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Four Points by Sheraton London Ontario had been added to the AAA/CAA bonus 500 pts offer.

Was kind of hidden so link... so go to reservations and select Aaa Rate then click on terms & details to confirm....."AAA RATE. AAA OR CAA MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED AT AT CHECK-IN..Bonus 500 Starpoints per Stay May 7 to Aug 12 2010. Identification required"

* Although No full breakfast for 2 mentioned in the front desk system here you have to ask for it at check-in and ref the AAA/CAA deal elsewhere in Ontario. As of tonight they will only give you a Free Breakfast Buffet voucher for One. Advised Management of FP Ontario offers so it "might" go to the Full breakfast for two offer in future.

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jul 7, 2010 at 6:10 pm Reason: Update July 7
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Poi...el-1748/so.htm
I booked a reservation here using the AUTOV code, but in the rate details information, neither the breakfast nor the 500 Starpoints are listed. It appears to be just the regular AAA rate. Am I doing something wrong?

Alternatively, I tried booking through SPG.com but it doesn't seem to recognize AUTOV as a valid promotion code.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:00 am

You have to use the links provided - or on the HOTEL OFFERS page - you can't just type in the AUTOV in the promo code box.

Just click on RESERVE and then go from there as usual. posts very fast along with the stay credits, etc.

** Sorry, misread your post SB1974 - it doesn't show on my reservation details either that it's AUTOV. just: Rate Description: Aaa Rate. Aaa Or Caa Membership Required At Be Shown At Check-in.. Identification Required.

The staff here is fully aware of the promo though - they have a sheet that lists this promo specifically.

Last edited by onebagtraveller; Jul 7, 2010 at 10:02 am Reason: misread post
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
The staff here is fully aware of the promo though - they have a sheet that lists this promo specifically.
Fair enough -- thanks. How does the breakfast work? Do you get vouchers at check-in, is it taken off your bill at check-out, or something else?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
I booked a reservation here using the AUTOV code, but in the rate details information, neither the breakfast nor the 500 Starpoints are listed. It appears to be just the regular AAA rate. Am I doing something wrong?

Alternatively, I tried booking through SPG.com but it doesn't seem to recognize AUTOV as a valid promotion code.

London's a bit different and doesn't use AUTOV but the 500 pt deal is buried in the aaa rate and doesn't mention breakfast but I'll confirm when I check-in. The free breakfast normally is a ticket at check-in that you pass in when you eat.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:05 am

Fair enough -- thanks. How does the breakfast work? Do you get vouchers at check-in, is it taken off your bill at check-out, or something else?
I didn't receive any vouchers at check-in. I did confirm the bonus points at check-in and they knew about it.

At breakfast the next morning I just mentioned the CAA breakfast rate and the servers seemed aware of it - never got a bill even. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage. Usual juices, pastries, etc.

Some of the tables had little tv screens too.

I'll be there again soon so will let you know if anything has changed.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Just checked in today at FP London. They can see the 500 pt AAA/CAA offer in the system but breakfast not offered they sheepishly commented. Spoke to Dir of Front Desk Operations. Pointed out all other FP Ontario locations offer AAA/CAA 500 + breakfast for 2. Checked in with 2 but had to push a little to hard for a Plat regular for the Free Breakfast Buffet voucher for one only. Originally they did not participate in the whole FP Ontario offer but added the 500 pts due to pushback. I forwarded the other FP locations to the Dir and he said he would look into it. Hopefully it will be easier next time.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:39 am

FWIW, we stayed at the 4P Mississauga Meadowvale this past weekend. The front desk clerk did not offer free breakfast from the CAA/AAA promotion as it was not visible in my booking. Thankfully, I had printed a screenshot of the promotion from the hotel's website and he wrote a breakfast voucher for us after I showed it to him. Interestingly, the next morning I noticed a placard with this promotion on the other side of the front desk -- it may have been there already, who knows. The 500 bonus points posted on SPG.com at the same time as the stay. So it all worked out.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:48 am

Thanks for the thread and links. I've stayed at two of these five properties several times this summer, a couple times on CAA rates, and never heard of this promo or got the benefits. Never ceases to amaze me how much someone like myself - who spends a ton of time online and researching all things travel - continues to learn from FT.

Cheers,
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:54 am

FWIW, we stayed at the 4P Mississauga Meadowvale this past weekend. The front desk clerk did not offer free breakfast from the CAA/AAA promotion as it was not visible in my booking. Thankfully, I had printed a screenshot of the promotion from the hotel's website and he wrote a breakfast voucher for us after I showed it to him. Interestingly, the next morning I noticed a placard with this promotion on the other side of the front desk -- it may have been there already, who knows. The 500 bonus points posted on SPG.com at the same time as the stay. So it all worked out.
I was there this weekend as well - didn't recognize the staff there - and they weren't aware of the promo - but I showed them the placard that you mentioned and all was well. I think they were even more vigilant with the breakfast this weekend because there was a busload of kids (sports team?) and they were charging them $10 for the breakfast.

500 bonus points posted same time as stay.

Last time everything worked out fine - no voucher even needed for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.