Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

RYSE, Autograph Collection - Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/

Opening April 2018. Cat 7.

"Located just 48km from Incheon International Airport and 13km from Gimpo Airport, RYSE is set in the neighborhood of Hongdae, which is renowned for being first to launch new music, fashion and art which influences Seoul and all of Asia."

"CARVE OUT YOUR OWN SPACE. RYSE believes in supporting guests and the community to leave their mark on the world. By inspiring people and introducing new cultural expressions, the hotel brand will play a key role in the creative environment of Hongdae, Seoul. Working closely with collaborators, the hotel will continually evolve and be energized with events and popups.

The property has been designed with Creatives, Nomads, Tastemakers and Fans of cultural expression in mind. To bring together that mix of people, the hotel combines a premium guest experience on the upper floors and an openness to the street culture of Hongdae below to create a constantly shifting mix of people, concepts and energy. The 272 design-focused rooms include 32 Director, 8 Producer Suites, 5 Artist Suites and a 217m2 Executive Producers Suite. In addition to having access to our CABINET Rooftop Bar & Lounge, all the rooms are set above a public podium of retail and restaurants that connect with the youthful attitude of Hongdae."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 27, 2018 at 11:16 am
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Officially open. Marriott press release:

Autograph Collection Hotels Opens RYSE in the Heart of Seoul Harnessing the Creative Energy of Hongdae | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"Hongdae showcases self-expression and individuality at every turn, and RYSE cleverly celebrates the neighborhood’s neon candy box aesthetic in a sophisticated way. Conceived and designed by globally renowned Michaelis Boyd, the hotel’s interiors collide energetically: bare concrete and industrial brass metal meet glossy pink flooring and modern art installations reign. The hotel’s art concept starts from an artistic outdoor mural and continues through the lobby where pop-up exhibitions feature unexpected hanging sculptures.

RYSE features 272 inspiring guest rooms including 14 suites; each designed to highlight a prominent art piece from an exclusive collection for the hotel. Some suites have been specially customized by creative masterminds including fine art photographer Laurent Segretier and collage artist Charles Munka; Seoul based sculptor who defines space with light and polychromatic films Yeojoo Park, and multimedia storyteller Maekan. These Artist Suites are curated with strong aesthetics and individuality to embrace the youth culture of Hongdae The 2300 square foot (217 square meter) Executive Producer Suite, located on the twentieth floor, features handpicked art works and a graphic wall by renowned Korean graphic designer Na Kim.

The casual gourmet restaurant Long Chim takes Thai street food and turns it into a culinary journey, delivering authentic, spicy and fresh tastes straight from Bangkok. Made for sharing and socializing, it is a concept by Chef David Thompson of Michelin-starred Nahm. Tartine Bakery & Café from San Francisco brings refreshing and natural flavors to homemade treats. In addition, three bartenders from Seoul’s hottest and most recognized bar, Le Chamber, are teaming up to bring their world championship skills to the rooftop bar & lounge, the Side Note Club. With stunning view, guests can experience world-class creative cocktails and stylish music carefully curated by famed Korean DJ, DJ Soulscape and the ever trendy RYSE crew. Not only a must-visit place for hotel guests, but also for cocktail connoisseurs of Hongdae and Seoul.

RYSE features an exclusive fitness center and almost (5380 square feet) 500 square meters of flagship retail that features boutique streetwear linking high fashion to street culture and art."
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Any flyertalkers stay here?

and can comment on hotel or area? Seems to get good reviews.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The rooms are a bit quirky. A little more upscale than a Moxy but still utilitarian. They have the big sized refillable toiletry dispensers.

Longchim is pretty expensive for mediocre Thai food. The breakfast a la carte is pretty good since they use Tartine breads.

Hongdae is for a younger crowd. A lot of boutique shops, cafes and restaurants around.
AICML likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Anyone have any insight to producer suite vs artist suite? This hotel has a 50% off suites sale running this week and am booking a trip, the artist suite is more expensive and is larger but am a bit unsure if they are actually better rooms as they look a bit strange.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
The rooms are a bit quirky. A little more upscale than a Moxy but still utilitarian. They have the big sized refillable toiletry dispensers.

Longchim is pretty expensive for mediocre Thai food. The breakfast a la carte is pretty good since they use Tartine breads.

Hongdae is for a younger crowd. A lot of boutique shops, cafes and restaurants around.
I think there are a couple universities in the neighborhood. There's also a subway line from the airport (ICN) with a stop in this area.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jinrop
Anyone have any insight to producer suite vs artist suite? This hotel has a 50% off suites sale running this week and am booking a trip, the artist suite is more expensive and is larger but am a bit unsure if they are actually better rooms as they look a bit strange.
I think it's more about space than anything else. All rooms and suited will be similarly decorated and have the hipster style bathrooms.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think it's more about space than anything else. All rooms and suited will be similarly decorated and have the hipster style bathrooms.
The artist suites are a little bigger yes, but the design in some of them looks a little bit crazy as in the windows are tinted strange colors etc as every one of the rooms was designed by a different artist. Was wondering if anyone had any experience in them
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Can anyone say how Platinum+ guest are treated? Are upgrades common? Does it depend on the day of week?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have not stayed here but went by it a few months ago to look at it - very hip, trendy, and creative neighborhood where young people sing and dance in street performances. I loved the vibe. Actually, it is one of my favorite areas for dining though I do feel older seeing people 20 years younger doing moves I no longer can. I will try staying here next time in Seoul most likely, and will try a split between here and the more normal shopping areas around Westin.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I have not stayed here but went by it a few months ago to look at it - very hip, trendy, and creative neighborhood where young people sing and dance in street performances. I loved the vibe. Actually, it is one of my favorite areas for dining though I do feel older seeing people 20 years younger doing moves I no longer can. I will try staying here next time in Seoul most likely, and will try a split between here and the more normal shopping areas around Westin.
I know the area very well. Itʼs a major clubbing spot too – for those who cannot afford Gangnam/Cheongdam.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Stayed for 4 nights as a Platinum member and received an upgrade from Editor to Director room. Hotel was completely sold out so wasn’t expecting an upgrade. I really liked the feel of the hotel - trendy and relaxed and the area surrounding the hotel is lively with a lot of places to eat and shop at. The room was new and fresh feeling and service was friendly and more on the casual side. You get face masks every day and they keep complimentary water, beer, and Nespresso stocked in your room. Breakfast is a combination of made to order and a small buffet and I thought the food quality was good. I traveled with another Platinum member who received unlimited beer coupons for the bar - 2 for each night but I didn’t get the same offer so not sure what was up with that. Since I wasn’t going to drink I didn’t bother to ask.

Breakfast Menu
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:51 pm

Very trendy/funky hotel. You really get a good bang for your buck with one exception... the upstairs bar is rather pricey.
the coffee shop in the hotel very good.
Hotel located in a young college area... very alive with countless small bars and restaurants.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the recent trip reports - and info about breakfast. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.