Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LM Singapore left Starwood Sept 30, 2008; now a Concorde hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G

You won't have the LM Singapore to complain about after this year. It's leaving the Starwood program and will be under new management. Yes, it will be refurbished. I will miss it. I'm sorry to see it leave SPG.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:25 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by kevino
You won't have the LM Singapore to complain about after this year. It's leaving the Starwood program and will be under new management. Yes, it will be refurbished. I will miss it. I'm sorry to see it leave SPG.
Source?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 5:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
That’s too bad. I usually stay there the first and last nights (very late arrival (12:30 a.m.) and very early (3:00 a.m. departure) (NW). Great rates and a nice lounge.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 5:30 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
LM's in Tokyo leaving, now Singapore. Is this a trend?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yosithezet
LM's in Tokyo leaving, now Singapore. Is this a trend?
The "trend" started more than a year ago.

We have already lost Changi Village (yes there were 2 LM in SIN), LRM Koh Samui and LRM Phuket. This is in addition to the Sheratons in Penang, Chiang Mai and Labuan.

Not good news at all, though I suspect some FTer have got their wish come true
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:00 pm

thats such a waste, coz its in a great location, despite it being worn.

lounge is great and service has always been helpful.

another LM down in Asia.... whats happening?

btw, any official dates?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:52 pm
cxn

This was my last 'cheap' place to stay with Starwood in Singapore. In the past, I could find rooms at the Sheraton for under 200 SGD a night now they run 400+.

Maybe a 4 points coming soon .
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:59 pm

What is the source of this info?

It does seem like Starwood is getting rid of all of their cheaper properties in S.E Asia.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:30 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by cxn
This was my last 'cheap' place to stay with Starwood in Singapore. In the past, I could find rooms at the Sheraton for under 200 SGD a night now they run 400+.

Maybe a 4 points coming soon .
Nope. No news on a 4 pts here. Unfortunately.

We might have a new property next year. Till I am able to confirm this, I shan't comment further.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Originally Posted by mario33
The "trend" started more than a year ago.

We have already lost Changi Village (yes there were 2 LM in SIN), LRM Koh Samui and LRM Phuket. This is in addition to the Sheratons in Penang, Chiang Mai and Labuan.

Not good news at all, though I suspect some FTer have got their wish come true
I suspect Starwood has been gradually raising the management/franchise fee they charged those LM hotels since the merger. So some decided to say no to Starwood and will fly a cheaper flag.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:58 am

Location: NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA, EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, SOUTH AFR, ASIA AND OCEANIA
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Nope. No news on a 4 pts here. Unfortunately.

We might have a new property next year. Till I am able to confirm this, I shan't comment further.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]
Found the information on the Singapore Resort Island Sentosa development website that there will be a Westin Quayside Isle Resort & Spa building there.

Take a look:
http://www.sentosa.com.sg/about_us/s...erproject.html
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
No wonder that place has been "sold out" for months....I was surprised I was unable to make a reservation back in January for a reservation in June.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
that's too bad, i was looking forward to staying there again for sin do '09. not going to spring for the st regis, guess i'll have to try the hilton again.
(sure, it's a nicer hotel, but tougher on the pocketbook.)
availability at the sheraton seems to be nil...what's that about?

Last edited by karenkay; Apr 9, 2008 at 3:26 am
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Smile

Well, there goes the guaranteed upgrade that Augustine promised after SinDo 2008, although the prices for January, 2009 were ridiculous when I looked.

I am booked at the Novotel at Clarke Quai for 2009. KarenKay, the rate there was 145 Sing $$ when I booked it last month. Non-cancelable, but not prepaid rate.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:18 am

The LM SIN Needs A LOT of work. Outside the club floor the rooms are on the verge of becoming a mold health hazard. That being said, many times when a franchise is going through the trouble of putting a lot of cash into a renovation, they want to switch brands to make it obvious that there's been changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.