Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Email address for the hotel's front office: [email protected] (from post 169.)
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:41 pm

any recent stays here that anyone can comment on?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyfan
any recent stays here that anyone can comment on?
Yes -- I was there for one night a few weeks ago. Still slow elevators, still negligible upgrade. In fact, I was "upgraded" to a room that -- though this surely wasn't the hotel's fault -- was connected by one of those adjoining room doors to a room whose occupant stayed up very late having a very loud phone conversation. If I hadn't been exhausted, I would have asked to move.

Rooms are standard Sheraton everything, nothing's particularly new.

It's usually pretty cheap, though, so I stay there when I'm in Philly. Very excited for the new Four Points to open, as I imagine it'll be a much better value for similar prices.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:40 am

A recent stay

I stayed here a month ago for one night. As a gold with SPG, I was given a room on the 26th floor, a few rooms down from the lounge. The snacks and breakfast in the lounge were both adequate, just nothing too lavish or much variety. There is free Wi-Fi in the lounge, however I was blocked from using it because I had gone to the hotel's Wayport site while in my room to check rates for internet service, (before I became aware that there is free Wi-Fi in the lounge), and it installed some little bit of code/software, that I could then not find and remove for the remainder of my stay. I complained to the front desk manager, she seemed not to be surprised by my problem and made it right by comping my lunch in the hotel restaurant. Cost of internet $9.99, cost of lunch $18.75. My stay was a Sunday to Monday stay and I arrived in time to have the concierge book a table at the Four Seasons, (a short walk away), for brunch. The brunch was excellent and pricey- $68. The restaurant was pretty full and I appreciated being given a quiet corner table, and as a single diner, being offered a copy of the Sunday NYT to read.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, CSP. FAA Rotorcraft PPL
I have stayed here numerous of times, both as GLD and PLT. No real upgrades, just standard rooms at high floors. I would rate the property as good/ok, front desk staff friendly, free bottle of water for PLTs and the breakfeast/evening snacks in the lounge are nothing to complain about.

The bar at the lobby level has the slowest and worst service ever, never going to eat/drink there again.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Are Club Floors (25th-26th) only accessible by keyed cards? We prefer quiet & secured floors at larger properties like this one.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Are Club Floors (25th-26th) only accessible by keyed cards? We prefer quiet & secured floors at larger properties like this one.
No.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by DCGuy
No.
Thanks, I think this is the shortest answer in the history of Flyertalk.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Apr 23, 2009 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Looks like the rates at this hotel recently went up. GOV rates are now topping 178 after tax.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
Thanks, I think this is the shortest answer in the history of Flyertalk.
ROFL. I actually like this hotel, for reasons I can't explain. I think it's because I think the view can be spectacular.

There is a new Four Points in the neighborhood, which may explain why they've raised their rates in an effort to differentiate.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Looks like the rates at this hotel recently went up. GOV rates are now topping 178 after tax.
Well as the pd is 155 this time of year, anyone bringing it to their attention??

That is one of the few things I like about Marriot. 99% of their properties are ALWAYS at perdiem rate.

I cant wait for the LM to open. I am hoping it makes the Sheratons in town step up their game. The current hotels are a little thin on service and amenities.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: * A
I like this hotel too, the parking could be a little tricky here and beware of the parking dragons, they can't smile . I like the orange sheraton teddy bear they give me when I am there (no I am not 4 years old anymore). The executive lounge is pretty decent in my humble opinion.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCGuy
ROFL. I actually like this hotel, for reasons I can't explain. I think it's because I think the view can be spectacular.

There is a new Four Points in the neighborhood, which may explain why they've raised their rates in an effort to differentiate.
Philly is great, but...I looked at the neighborhood on Google Street View and the area of the 4Points; it's the pits!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Philly is great, but...I looked at the neighborhood on Google Street View and the area of the 4Points; it's the pits!
It's convenient to the convention center.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noirpepper
I like this hotel too, the parking could be a little tricky here and beware of the parking dragons, they can't smile . I like the orange sheraton teddy bear they give me when I am there (no I am not 4 years old anymore). The executive lounge is pretty decent in my humble opinion.
Where and how did you get this "Sheraton Bear"? Secondly, IIRC, isn't the parking like only 5 bucks after 5pm in the PPA parkade across the street?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: * A
They have some cute orange sheraton teddy bears at the front desk. If you have a reason to get it, the young ladies had complied to me request more than once . That parking lot looked kind of scary to me, plus I think on site parking was included in my rate when I was staying there. I like the lounge over there, the ac broke down once in the summer and they replaced the ac within 15 minutes of my request: that's what I call service

as most of the cases, YMMV at this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.