Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood Hotels Hawaii Timeshare Presentation Deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Hotels Hawaii Timeshare Presentation Deal?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by controller1
In Hawaii, Starwood (Vistana) only has timeshares in Maui and Kauai.
When I noticed the recent activity in this thread, I was wondering whether there was some Big Island timeshare offer that's suspended due to lava.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I noticed the recent activity in this thread, I was wondering whether there was some Big Island timeshare offer that's suspended due to lava.
No SVO, but Marriott converted part of the Waikaloa property to timeshare format in the past year. (The property itself is far from the active volcano.)

I stayed there on an award this spring, and dropped by the timeshare desk to ask if they had any promotions to do a preview tour. They didn't have anything lucrative...wonder if sales are already pretty strong and they don't need to entice more viewers. When I stayed at the Hilton Waikaloa Village a few years back, they had very lucrative on-property promotional offers - we did a tour in exchange for about $600 worth of excursions/activities.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Cana2013
I submitted a request couple months ago. They did contact me but said they do not give out that kind of offers.

Use FT (this thread will probably work) and request an owner referral. An owner referral will yield the type of offer you desire.

Full disclosure: I previously provided owner referrals but stopped a couple of years ago due to the demands that some FT members were making. It was as if I was their paid travel agent and when they didn't get the referral within the time limits they had set, they would express frustration with me indicating I hadn't actually submitted one. So, I'm out of that business except for people I personally know. Sorry.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
Anyone able to get me a referral for the Westin Maui or Kauai? Would be greatly appreciated! Please PM me
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
So I have a Marriott offer, but my question is will that now include the *wood properties as well after August?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HomerJ
So I have a Marriott offer, but my question is will that now include the *wood properties as well after August?
The only thing that is "merging" in August is the loyalty programs. Starwood timeshares are still part of ILG (Interval Leisure Group) and Marriott timeshares are still part of MVC (Marriott Vacation Club). Those two companies are merging sometime in the last half of 2018 but they have not received all the regulatory approvals to do so. At this point in time it is unknown how the new merged company will operate.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Starwood
referral

Any owners Willing to send me a referral for marriott or starwood properties in hawaii?

I plan to travel in september.

thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:19 am

Would someone be able to send me a referral for a starwood property in hawaii? My family is considering getting a timeshare property next year and would like to compare a few of them before deciding.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by controller1
The only thing that is "merging" in August is the loyalty programs. Starwood timeshares are still part of ILG (Interval Leisure Group) and Marriott timeshares are still part of MVC (Marriott Vacation Club). Those two companies are merging sometime in the last half of 2018 but they have not received all the regulatory approvals to do so. At this point in time it is unknown how the new merged company will operate.
This merger closed 9/1/18, so everything is now under Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

I don't know if "Starwood Timeshare owner referrals" still exist in some form.

Last edited by CPRich; Apr 10, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.