Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$10/hour late checkout fee - is this new?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:45 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
If you are Preferred Plus, and it sounds like you are, you are entitled to 4pm checkout as long as it's not a resort or holding some special event/convention. They cannot charge you for this. It sounds like the front desk missed your status. But as another poster suggested, check on SPG.com or call SPG to confirm your status is still attached to your account.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
not checking-out and being billed?

Originally Posted by BillShepp
I'm staying at the Westin Westminster (between Denver and Boulder) and requested a late checkout. They informed me it's $10/hr up to four hours (4PM), at which point I get charged for another day.
Bill
Several months ago, I started a thread inquiring about checking-out of the hotel without being physically present. A number of posters indicated that they merely left the hotel in the morning without bothering with checking-out.

Has anyone ever failed to check-out and subsequently been billed for late check-out or an additional night's stay?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: SPG
You do not have to come down to the desk to check out or even let us know that you left.

If housekeeping sees no belongings/luggage left in the room you will be counted as a check out.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:32 pm

The Sheraton Rio Hotel and Resort when it metamorphosised from the Sheraton Rio Hotel and Towers last year put a notice up on the front desk advising a charge of ?$US40 to extend check-out time to ?4pm. All the rates I booked last year had included a 4pm late check out so I don't know how this would impact on how they treat Platinums and Golds.

I believe the terms of SPG are that the late check out is guaranteed except at Resorts and Convention Hotels where the benefit is subject to availability.
What I would want to know is if there is a room available for paid late check out does that mean that it should be available to elites for complimentary late check out. Is this what availabilty means? Or can the resort say - no we don't have availabilty for complimentary late check out but you are welcome to have a paid late check out
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:06 am

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
My SPG AMEX got me preferred plus (although it will be gold soon). I just got the official letter in the mail today confirming my preferred plus status and the associated 4pm checkout benefit.

This was a helpful thread for me because I couldn't figure out what "preferred plus" was before now.

For people without status, just be glad some properties have the $10/hr option! I've been to many hotels (non *wood) where they threaten to charge you a full extra day at rack rate if you check out more than 1hr late!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 7:01 am

Is there a link to information on the benefits for Preferred Plus anywhere? How does one know what they are entitled to?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by blooman
Is there a link to information on the benefits for Preferred Plus anywhere? How does one know what they are entitled to?
Try this:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promot...l?category=AAA
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by CDNtravler
Thanks!

Looks like they pretty much took the best features of gold (late C/O, preferred room upgrades and some of the point bonus) and made it Preferred Plus . Never thought gold was worth much anyway, but now it seems even less worthwhile to actualy spend the nights to get it when you can just get Preferred Plus with AAA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.