FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   FAQ: SPG and Priceline (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/709378-faq-spg-priceline.html)

jbn8 Mar 3, 2006 5:36 pm

Just to report... I just got back from my Priceline Sheraton Atlanta Downtown stay. Upon arrival I presented my credit card and SPG Gold card. I was upgraded to a suite from a standard room, was given free wireless internet access, lounge access, and breakfast. I was very impressed (although I was not expecting anything).

vincom Mar 3, 2006 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by jbn8
Just to report... I just got back from my Priceline Sheraton Atlanta Downtown stay. Upon arrival I presented my credit card and SPG Gold card. I was upgraded to a suite from a standard room, was given free wireless internet access, lounge access, and breakfast. I was very impressed (although I was not expecting anything).

OY VEY! ;)

-Vincent

777 global mile hound Mar 3, 2006 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by vincom
OY VEY! ;)

-Vincent

Where is Hotel Ovey ? :D

general45 Mar 4, 2006 6:01 am

OY VEY! ;)

-Vincent

Want to edit your earlier comments about Priceline. :D

vincom Mar 4, 2006 8:15 am

Originally Posted by general45
Want to edit your earlier comments about Priceline. :D

Nope, still wouldn't use Priceline ;)

-Vincent

Cap'n Adventure Mar 4, 2006 10:40 am

Nope, still wouldn't use Priceline ;)

-Vincent

more availability for the rest of us! :D

jmail1 Mar 11, 2006 8:58 am

Priceline and Westin BKK

Has anyone that is PLT recently stayed at the Westin BKK under a priceline rate? I know the policy is to not extend PLT benefits when on a priceline stay. Does this hotel still extend any of the benefits, like the lounge?

grantsi Sep 14, 2006 12:14 pm

Sherton Bel harbour - priceline

Taking a long weekend next week and my Fiance and I had never tried priceline before - so I selected Miami (south beach / miami beach) and entered $104 as the price I wanted to pay for a "4 star" hotel - and my request was filled with the Sheraton Bel harbour.

3 questions:

Was this a good deal?
Can I use SPG points to upgrade rooms?
Will I earn points for the stay? Do the nights count towards status promotion?

Thank you - any opinoins on the hotel would be greatly appreicated as well.

Starwood Lurker Sep 14, 2006 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by grantsi
Taking a long weekend next week and my Fiance and I had never tried priceline before - so I selected Miami (south beach / miami beach) and entered $104 as the price I wanted to pay for a "4 star" hotel - and my request was filled with the Sheraton Bel harbour.

3 questions:

Was this a good deal?
Can I use SPG points to upgrade rooms?
Will I earn points for the stay? Do the nights count towards status promotion?

Thank you - any opinoins on the hotel would be greatly appreicated as well.

Answers to the three (4?) questions:

Yes.
Maybe, if the hotel has the capability to do Instant Upgrade Awards at check-in as well as the inventory to support it.
No, but you can earn Starpoints for eligible incidental charges provided you give them your SPG account number at check-in. No.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

grantsi Sep 14, 2006 1:13 pm

thank you

number_6 Sep 14, 2006 3:08 pm

Bel Harbour has some pluses and minuses. Personally I like the location, but it is not SOBE -- in fact miles away. But across the street from a really good shopping mall (also very expensive, full of designer stores, their cheap store is Saks), and with a greek seafood restaurant that is one of the best in MIA (Elia). Hotel is being demolished to build some very expensive condos, was supposed to have been closed June 2006 but demolition is delayed until early 2007. Meanwhile most of the good staff have transferred out (after all the hotel was closing) and the physical plant has been run into the ground for the last decade. There are 2 buildings, one is in bad shape and the other is in much better shape (the one by the beach). Stayed there 2 or 3 years ago and it was great; no idea of the current situation, but I wouldn't expect much from a hotel that is on its last legs.

ashcroftj1 Sep 14, 2006 3:24 pm

just did a quick search for a "long weekend" next (9/21/06 - 9/25/06) and found that it only runs $144/night, as well as the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach is only $105/night. these prices really don't look that bad. almost better to just book through spg.com to get the stays/points.

AND.. there is actually a promo right now that is also giving an extra 3,000 *wood points for booking 3 or more night at the Sheraton Bal Harbour Beach Resort.
just got this from the *wood promo thread a couple days ago

http://www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/starwood.html

747LWW Sep 14, 2006 5:31 pm

Thanks for sharing this late breaking info....your post may influence my forthcoming visit! ^

beachfamily Oct 9, 2006 4:45 pm

westin lax on priceline bid

I have tried the search function but have not found anything on point. I recently bid for a 4* hotel for Friday 11/3 before an 8am departure out of lax the next morning. I got the Westin LAX. I am spg gold status. I know you are not entitled to anything on a priceline stay but I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with upgrades or lounge access on a priceline stay. Any info. is appreciated!

BF

KosherKimchee Oct 9, 2006 6:53 pm

You get complimentary dog barking in surround sound from the kennel behind the hotel.

J/k :)