FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/694692-westin-trianon-palace-versailles-leaves-jan-15-2009-master-thread.html)

767300ER May 7, 2003 4:39 pm

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]

Will be staying at this hotel this coming weekend. I noticed there was Club level rooms available. I was wondering if there was also a lounge where breakfast and hors d'oeuvre are served? It is not really mentionned on the Web site.

Any other comments on what I should expect for upgrade as Platinum, service, restaurants, etc?...

PremEx May 7, 2003 8:10 pm

Hit the FlyerTalk "Search" button up top there and enter the word "Trianon." It will bring up about 8 threads where this property was discussed. You may not find an answer to your specific question about the Club level (someone else might answer that here), but you will find other general reviews and upgrade experiences.

JOUY31 May 10, 2003 1:01 am

I have been to the Trianon several times and will be there tonight. I don't remember anything about a club lounge. Does anyone have any additional information ?

tinkybelle May 12, 2003 5:09 am

I stayed there 6 mths ago and was under the same impression. it is called a club room and is bigger and I think in the old section of the hotel.
There is nothing for free-not even an amenity. the hotel is nice though.
I paid the base rate and got a club room with a fab view of the palace from the bath!!!

JOUY31 May 12, 2003 9:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tinkybelle:
There is nothing for free-not even an amenity. the hotel is nice though.
I paid the base rate and got a club room with a fab view of the palace from the bath!!!
</font>
I did get a box of chocolates yesterday, which I did not receive as a Gold member http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

767300ER May 13, 2003 2:00 pm

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. There is no lounge or Club level at the Trianon Palace. I was upgraded to a large corner room in the main building and got a box of chocolate as Platinum gift.

My request for early check-in was granted and was able to get in our room at 10:30am on the day of arrival. The location of the Westin is fantastic. Very nice views from the room. Also very quiet...

Very happy to have flown on Monday back to Montreal. Seems that a large portion of the subway, buses and airplanes are not working at all today due to a strike.

danam May 14, 2003 2:39 am

Stayed at the hotel in feb. Upgraded to a junior suite in the palace building (paid for room in other building).

Plat amenity was a half bottle of champagne.

Gaucho100K May 15, 2003 6:57 am

Trianon Palace (Westin) in Paris

Any experiences at this hotel? Where is it located? I dont want to be far away from the central area, so perhaps this is not a good option? Thanks.

sbtinme May 15, 2003 7:22 am

This is a great property, do a search and you'll find rave reviews.

Oddly, I was e-mailed yesterday (5/14/03) a MOTHER'S DAY offer for the Trianon Palace! Never mind that Mother's Day had come and gone days ago!!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

jja34-1 May 15, 2003 8:43 am

The Trianon Palace is in Versailles. Great if you want to take a tour of the Chateau and hang out in the suburbs but a bit of a train ride to central Paris. Not the best place to stay if you're planning on enjoying the Paris nightlife. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by jja34-1 (edited 05-15-2003).]

BingoSF May 15, 2003 11:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sbtinme:

Oddly, I was e-mailed yesterday (5/14/03) a MOTHER'S DAY offer for the Trianon Palace! Never mind that Mother's Day had come and gone days ago!!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
</font>
Mother's Day in France is May 25th

Gaucho100K May 15, 2003 1:02 pm

Thanks to all for your help. I have what I needed... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif

claes059 Aug 25, 2004 2:10 pm

Confusing Westin Trianon Special offer : €130 per person and per night

I noticed on the SPG site of the Westin Trianon hotel:

"Special Offers

Luxury Weekends in Paris

Discover the exquisite weekend atmosphere of the Trianon Palace.

Take time to relax in our splendid swimming pool and Spa, to savor a lunch or diner in our well-known restaurants, to stroll in the royal domain of Versailles and discover its treasures.

From only 130 Euro per person and per night in a double room with breakfast included! Offer valid for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night stays.

Book Now | Terms & Conditions "

When trying to click the Book Now option, an empty page appeared. Making informations at the hotel via email, I received the following rates:

"Dear Sir,

Please note there is a extra charge for single occupancy, you will find below our rates for single room from October 15th until 18th 2004 :

Week end rate

At the Trianon Pavillon****

One Standard room 250 Euros per night and per room.

One Club room 260 Euros per night and per room.

Including half bottle of champagne at the arrival time

At the Trianon Palace****Luxe

(Historical part of the Hotel)

One Rooftop room 270 Euros per night and per room.

One Deluxe room 280 Euros per night and per room.

Overlooking the hotel gardens

One Preferred Deluxe room 310 Euros per night and per room.

Including half bottle of champagne at the arrival time and Molton Brown products

One Junior Suite 350 Euros per night and per Suite

Overlooking the hotel gardens or the park of the Versailles Castle

One Suite Deluxe with a room and one separate living room 390 Euros per night and per Suite

Overlooking the hotel gardens or the park of the Versailles Castle

Breakfast is Included for one person and per day(american, buffet)

Extra 7.00 Euros per person and per day by the room service

City Tax is 1,50 Euros per person and per night"

Is it me who gets confused by the big difference in rates of the special rates offer and the actual rates via email the hotel offers? Or do I misread the special offer?
In general I have to pay extra for an extra person in the room, not for a single occupancy.

Does this hotel have different rules? Does someone know?

Starwood Lurker Aug 25, 2004 3:23 pm

I don't have a clue. If it were me, I would ask them to clarify their message.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

claes059 Aug 25, 2004 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I don't have a clue. If it were me, I would ask them to clarify their message.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Thanks William, but it took me a few emails, to get the price for single use. The price for double occupancy is in general €10 higher. She emailed me that for the double room the special rate would be 2 x 130 = € 260. When I wanted to make reservations for single use, it appeared the rates were really different :confused: !

suitcasejockey Aug 25, 2004 7:59 pm

Holy bait and switch Batman!

Leave it to the French to really p*** you off. They try to fineprint you after you make the decision to take them up on their offer. It's a sales tactic that I REFUSE to put up with.

(Edited for inappropriate language -Markie)

GUWonder Aug 26, 2004 3:45 am

In certain states of the United States (where this email may be received), such deceptive marketing material may fall foul of consumer protection laws. I know the Wisconsin State Attorney General's office has a few people who have loved to pursue these things in the past.

bigjim Aug 26, 2004 7:47 am

I'm a little confused by the post here. But, it sounds like the hotel was averaging a per person price requiring double occupancy. If not double occupancy, the hotel charges a higher price. What am I missing?

Rolling Stone Aug 26, 2004 8:30 am

I haven't seen one in awhile, but I recall many ads that had rates quoted as per person per night. And it always had the note below it saying "Based on double occupancy" which were weasel words effectively saying it was same rate single or double.

Look at the ad again and I'm sure you'll find that statement somewhere, even if it's in the T&T's. If by some longshot it isn't there anywhere, I'd press the issue and get the pp rate.

claes059 Aug 26, 2004 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Rolling Stone
I haven't seen one in awhile, but I recall many ads that had rates quoted as per person per night. And it always had the note below it saying "Based on double occupancy" which were weasel words effectively saying it was same rate single or double.

Look at the ad again and I'm sure you'll find that statement somewhere, even if it's in the T&T's. If by some longshot it isn't there anywhere, I'd press the issue and get the pp rate.

I received this friendly answer of the hotel today:

"could you please let me know the link for this special offer to can check if we can open the Terms & Conditions and also Book now. Or I will try to contact someone for hep.

You will get more information about this special offer and as you see, the rate of 130 Euros per person is based on a double room. This is a real special offer for Trianon Palace. To give you an idea, the normal rate for a Standard Pavilion room is 450 Euros per night excluding breakfast.

I stay at your entire disposal, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Carina de Lemos

Reservation Department

Trianon Palace a Westin Hotel Versailles

Tel 01.30.84.51.20 – Fax 01.30.84.51.21

E.mail [email protected] & [email protected]

Internet www.westin.com/trianonpalace & www.trianonpalace

Best Rate Guarantee - Meilleurs Tarifs Garantis WWW.WESTIN.COM
"

However, when opening the Terms&Conditions of the special offer:

Luxury Weekends in Paris

"Offer is valid 03-AUG-2004 - 22-DEC-2004.Offer is subject to availability. Advance reservations are required. Not applicable to group travel. Additional service charge and tax may apply. Promotion code must be given when reservation is made by phone. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Length of stay restrictions may apply"

Rates of the rooms in the hotel: I have seen them from € 180 (internet only) and going up. Did not actual book them, perhaps when it was for single use the rate would have been doubled?
The rate of €450, I did not see for a standard room when booking in advance for a standard room.

I did not see anywhere information "based on double occupancy", even not in the terms and conditions :rolleyes: .

claes059 Aug 29, 2004 8:56 am

[QUOTE=claes059]I received this friendly answer of the hotel today:

"could you please let me know the link for this special offer to can check if we can open the Terms & Conditions and also Book now. Or I will try to contact someone for hep.

You will get more information about this special offer and as you see, the rate of 130 Euros per person is based on a double room. This is a real special offer for Trianon Palace. To give you an idea, the normal rate for a Standard Pavilion room is 450 Euros per night excluding breakfast.

I stay at your entire disposal, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Carina de Lemos

Reservation Department

Trianon Palace a Westin Hotel Versailles

Tel 01.30.84.51.20 – Fax 01.30.84.51.21

E.mail [email protected] & [email protected]

Internet www.westin.com/trianonpalace & www.trianonpalace

Best Rate Guarantee - Meilleurs Tarifs Garantis WWW.WESTIN.COM
"
I did not hear anything from the hotel after I emailed her the text of the terms & conditions of the special offer :td: !
So I have send an email to SPG customerservice and wait for an answer. On the other hand I do not feel eager to have a stay here anymore :( . I guess I will look for another hotel...

JOUY31 Aug 29, 2004 1:15 pm

The Hilton UK brochure describing offers for Hilton UK hotels consistently lists prices per person; although the price is listed per person, the minimum price is the price for two persons. So this practice does not seem limited, as a poster so graciously put it, to French people.

claes059 Aug 29, 2004 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
The Hilton UK brochure describing offers for Hilton UK hotels consistently lists prices per person; although the price is listed per person, the minimum price is the price for two persons. So this practice does not seem limited, as a poster so graciously put it, to French people.

Well it is the first time I am encountering this via the SPG site. I have made many reservations for Starwood hotels around the world, via SPG, the last few years and I have not noticed this kind of special offers before.
In general I make reservations for a room and pay extra for an extra person in the room, via the SPG site.
I do know it works differently when booking rooms for single use via other sites or reservationsoffices.
By no means it was my intention to connect this practice to French people!! I just refer to the fact that the Westin Trianon is also a Starwood hotel.

MIKESILV Aug 29, 2004 2:22 pm

I read the original conditions as listed by the OP and basically came the same conclusion as that outlined in the response from the hotel.."double room" being the optimal phrase.
When booking on the SPG or any site listing European hotels one always to pay attention the type of room and/or number of occupants and read carefully into the catcgh phrases.

If there is any doubt make a test booking with one or two occupants.

I must say I do find it surprising that a member based in Europe claims to have blindsided by this turn of events.

mike

KVS Aug 29, 2004 2:44 pm

There are a number of different methods that can be used for quoting hotel rates:
  1. $X Per Room Up To Y Persons, where Y is also max capacity
  2. $X Per Room, For Up To Y Persons; $Z Each Extra Person; Max Capacity M
  3. $X Per Person, Based on Y Persons In The Room (Occupancy)

However, the text of the original offer was not worded properly:

Originally Posted by claes059
From only 130 Euro per person and per night in a double room with breakfast included!

What the hotel probably meant was "From only 130 Euro per person and per night in a double room with breakfast included based on double occupancy!"

"Double Room" somewhat implies that there must be 2 people in a room, but that's not enough. Since the hotel had failed to explicitly stipulate such a condition, one can rightfully demand that a rate of EUR 130 should be extended to 1 guest in a double room.

JOUY31 Aug 29, 2004 3:17 pm

Well it is the first time I am encountering this via the SPG site. I have made many reservations for Starwood hotels around the world, via SPG, the last few years and I have not noticed this kind of special offers before.
In general I make reservations for a room and pay extra for an extra person in the room, via the SPG site.
I do know it works differently when booking rooms for single use via other sites or reservationsoffices.
By no means it was my intention to connect this practice to French people!! I just refer to the fact that the Westin Trianon is also a Starwood hotel.

My apologies for being unclear. I was referring to suitcasejockey's post, not to yours which was truly informative.

ralphshenkis Sep 9, 2004 12:33 am

Trianon/Westin, France

I'll be staying at this hotel in a few weeks and am wondering what the restaurant options are at the hotel or in the area? Any particular recommendations (probably looking at one or two more formal dinners and several budget-minded meals).

JOUY31 Sep 9, 2004 2:27 am

Originally Posted by ralphshenkis
I'll be staying at this hotel in a few weeks and am wondering what the restaurant options are at the hotel or in the area? Any particular recommendations (probably looking at one or two more formal dinners and several budget-minded meals).

3 options at the hotel :
- high-end cuisine with Gérard Vié "Trois Marches" 250-300 euros per person including wine, in my opinion worth the price
- enhanced brasserie at the "Café Trianon" 50-100 euros per person including wine, very pleasant to be on the terrace overlooking the palace park on a warm September evening
- "Bar Marie-Antoinette" - snacks around 30 euros per person

There is also, during the summer time, a small bar around the swimming pool, service can take some time, snacks around 25-30 euros per person

Dambus Sep 9, 2004 4:51 am

Originally Posted by ralphshenkis

Based on our stay here in August I would suggest you wander down to the market area in the centre of Versaille, at least for your budget-minded meals. It's about a 10 minute walk, 5 min drive. There are plenty of cosy restaurants to choose from. If you ask at reception they will give you a detailed list of options in the area and even make recommendations and reservations if you want.

We didn't get to try Trois Marches since it is closed during the whole month of August (a fact I didn't realise when I booked! :( ). The Cafe Trianon is basic brasserie quality IMHO.

The hotel itself is fantastic - be sure to ask for a palace room with a view over the (real) Palace next door!

-- Dambus

sxpsxpsxp Sep 9, 2004 8:26 am

The only meals I ate at the hotel were the buffet breakfast. Ridiculously expensive, IMHO, at something like 30 or 40 EUR per PERSON. The quality of the food was great, though.

If you want a budget meal, I can recommend a SubWay about 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel. :)

JOUY31 Sep 9, 2004 8:54 am

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
The only meals I ate at the hotel were the buffet breakfast. Ridiculously expensive, IMHO, at something like 30 or 40 EUR per PERSON. The quality of the food was great, though.

If you want a budget meal, I can recommend a SubWay about 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel. :)

Yes, breakfast is about 30 euros. The Westin Excelsior in Rome charges 42 euros ... and breakfasts in UK *wood are not cheap, either. But you can just go to any café in Versailles and have an expresso and very good croissant for less than 4 euros.

claes059 Sep 15, 2004 10:45 am

[QUOTE=claes059]

ISo I have send an email to SPG customerservice and wait for an answer. On the other hand I do not feel eager to have a stay here anymore :( . I guess I will look for another hotel...

I received this email from the hotel. They do not explain why they have different terms/conditions than other Starwood hotels on the SPG site. Though the offer is very friendly, I am not waiting for an commercial gesture:

"Dear Mr Claessen :

Further to your inquiry to our Customer Service, we confirm the information given by Ms de Lemos, the offer you mention is on a double room basis.

However as a commercial gesture we can propose you a single room in our Pavillon building at 250 € (B&B) with an upgrade in the Palace building.

Looking forward the pleasure of your visit and with our best regards.

Véronique Gavanou

Assistante du Directeur Général/Executive Assistant

Trianon Palace

Tel 33 (0) 1 30 84 50 12

Fax 33 (0) 1 30 84 50 19

E-mail : veronique.gavanou @westin.com"

It is still not clear to me, why the offer does not mention, based on double occupancy. I have send the hotel an email, I have not recieved a reply.

claes059 Sep 15, 2004 10:47 am

[QUOTE=claes059]

ISo I have send an email to SPG customerservice and wait for an answer. On the other hand I do not feel eager to have a stay here anymore :( . I guess I will look for another hotel...

I received this email from the hotel. They do not explain why they have different terms/conditions than other Starwood hotels on the SPG site. Though the offer is very friendly, I am not waiting for an commercial gesture:

[I]"Dear Mr Claessen :

Further to your inquiry to our Customer Service, we confirm the information given by Ms de Lemos, the offer you mention is on a double room basis.

However as a commercial gesture we can propose you a single room in our Pavillon building at 250 € (B&B) with an upgrade in the Palace building.

Looking forward the pleasure of your visit and with our best regards.

Véronique Gavanou

Assistante du Directeur Général/Executive Assistant

Trianon Palace

Tel 33 (0) 1 30 84 50 12

Fax 33 (0) 1 30 84 50 19

E-mail : veronique.gavanou @westin.com"[/I]

It is still not clear to me, why the offer does not mention based on double occupancy. I have send the hotel an email, I have not recieved a reply.

JOUY31 Sep 15, 2004 1:26 pm

I am afraid you will not get much further. I would think it is a language problem. The Trianon Palace staff understand their answer means the rate is based on double occupancy. The wording is not accurate, but they have otherwise clarified the issue and probably do not understand why you are still pressing the issue.

I have dealt with them in the past and the team at the reservation desk as well as the concierges have always been consistently helpful and courteous.

I have stayed several times at the Trianon, on a single occupancy basis. I have never seen rates go below 180 € in the Pavillon building or 200-220 € in the Palace building, and this was for we night or summer holidays. 250 € for a Palace room, including breakfast, is quite a good price for this property. As a Plat member, I have almost always had a very nice upgrade. Room 211 is especially pleasant and I love the swimming pool.

I hope you can find a mutually acceptable solution, but I am afraid 130€ would be the price you pay in a basic Novotel in some of the "zones industrielles" close to Trappes, rather than in Versailles, with a view on the Royal Palace garden.

claes059 Sep 15, 2004 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I am afraid you will not get much further. I would think it is a language problem. The Trianon Palace staff understand their answer means the rate is based on double occupancy. The wording is not accurate, but they have otherwise clarified the issue and probably do not understand why you are still pressing the issue.

I hope you can find a mutually acceptable solution, but I am afraid 130€ would be the price you pay in a basic Novotel in some of the "zones industrielles" close to Trappes, rather than in Versailles, with a view on the Royal Palace garden.

Thanks for you explanation and experiences. However the rate is not the issue for me. But I did feel mislead by the special offer, I think that is clear. Is there any other Starwood property on the SPG site which has different terms&conditions than the regular way when booking a Starwood hotel at SPG?
Then I will know to look differently when booking Special Offers in a Starwood hotel at the SPG site.

turntheheatdown Jan 7, 2005 1:32 pm

Trianon Palace Versailles Paris Trip Report 2005

I have just completed a two night stay at the Trianon Palace in Versailles near Paris starting on 1st January 2005. I had spent the previous evening in the Novotel Eiffel Tower where the staff had been friendly and had allocated me very nice rooms with excellent views on the 25th Floor at a rate of 130 euros for each room. On New Year’s day at just after 12 I turned up with my family for our stay in “a deluxe penthouse bi-level suite” at a rate of 520 euros ($680) per night.

SPG Platinum Recognition

There was none. The reservation confirmation e-mail acknowledged my Platinum status but the check in receptionist gave no acknowledgement at all. She didn’t even welcome me to the hotel. I even gave her my card. When asked about an upgrade I was told I had booked the largest suite there was. I struggle to believe that however it would have been nice for her to have volunteered the information. It was some two hours later that another member of staff asked why I had not been given the option card at check in. I chose the wine and received a cheap bottle of regional French red. Funnily enough another bottle arrived the same day but they got the bulk of that back.

Check In

My suite wasn’t ready. This was fair enough since they had been busy the night before for San Sylvestre. We went for a walk in Versailles. Two hours later still no room. No apology. No invitation to have tea or a drink. It was around another hour before the suite was available.

The Spa

We went for a swim in the interim. Well we tried. What is it with barriers in this hotel? At the spa entrance there is a barrier which has been erected to make you go to the desk. For towels? No. For a ticket to give to the pool attendant. You then go down in a lift. Come out the lift and……..a barrier. To make you take off your shoes. Then the pool attendant jumps out to order you (I use the words advisedly) to take a shower. Given we were not in our room my wife had had to grub around on a store room floor to find our costumes. She could not find her own but was ordered to cover her clothes before entering the pool area. She declined. She was shouted at (we both speak enough French but the attitude would have shone through). I declined to accept the attitude and the duty manager came down. She shouted at him too! My wife retreated after a discussion which concerned hygiene. She pointed out that the changing room was filthy and smelling. Not our only experience of that in the hotel (see below). The attitude displayed to us as guests and the manager was quite unbelievable.

I proceeded to the pool through yet another barrier designed to make sure I bathed my feet.

The spa itself is lovely. The rules and attitude not consistent with a luxury hotel

The Suite

The “deluxe penthouse bi-level suite” is an interesting way to combine a small room with a couple of attic rooms by way of a very tight spiral staircase. Upstairs is fine in terms of size and layout. Downstairs is wasted by the staircase.

There were two bathrooms. The downstairs one had been refurbished but they had missed out the WC which was old and the toilet seat chipped. The cover on the new shower which sets the temperature was dislodged making showering an experience. The shower door had been nudged off its runner. Upstairs the bathroom had not been refurbished. There were cracks all over the marble and paint pealing off the wall behind the bath. Toiletries in both bathrooms were mean by a 2* hotel standard.

The bedroom was nice. The “deluxe penthouse bi-level suite” makes a great play of its views. They are fine if you open the windows. All three of the Velux windows were either blown or so dirty that you could not see through them. If you stood on a chair and opened a window fully then bent your neck round a chimney you could see the Palace of Versailles. Not recommended.

While the furniture was new and in good taste the decoration was somewhat spoiled by the black hand marks all over where the hotel’s maintenance people had taken access to what ever they need access to in the attic. We are not talking about a couple but many. Tacky.

Cleanliness

Given the rules at the Spa I was amazed to return to find the rooms smelling of having been cleaned with a dirty mop. My complaints promoted a maid to make amends but you really shouldn’t have to do that.

Overall Impression

I am sure you will have gathered that my overall impression was not positive. I wrote a note to the GM. I received no reply. There may be some very nice rooms in the hotel. I did not get one having paid a full rate. I did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. The prices seemed high. $235 (180 euros) excluding drinks is a lot even in Paris for a 1 michelin star chef. In Berlin a couple of weeks ago the going rate was about $100 in the two restaurants I ate in.

On a few occasions there was no-one on reception or at the concierge desk when I turned up. I have no idea where the staff hide. I asked the concierge for some information and she went out of her way to produce lots of documents from the web for me. This was impressive.

My impression is that it is a long time since the senior management did three things. 1. look at their rooms and the condition they are in. 2. Consider whether the Spa is for the guests or the staff who work there. 3. Remember that Westin is a brand which we SPG loyalists choose to stay in and should be acknowledged for doing so.

I won’t be back in the short term. I will post to let you know if the GM ever gets back to me.

mtacchi Jan 7, 2005 5:06 pm

You live in Glasgow..should gone to the Turnberry, Busman's holiday for you for sure, but a brillant property none the less..no barriers..or French :D

turntheheatdown Jan 8, 2005 1:56 am

No Comparison

Originally Posted by mtacchi
You live in Glasgow..should gone to the Turnberry, Busman's holiday for you for sure, but a brillant property none the less..no barriers..or French :D

I do go to Turnberry two or three times a year. There is no comparison..........

PremEx Feb 21, 2005 3:52 am

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles (Master Thread)

Since Search is still down and Google search didn't reveal any dedicated threads, here's a brief review of a recent stay at the Westin Trianon Palace in Versailles France, near Paris.

Just completed a 3 night stay at the Westin Trianon Palace Versailles and had a great stay. My ladyfriend and I and fellow FlyerTalker Catman arrived at the hotel to be greeted warmly by the front desk staff. Catman and I (both being Platinums) were each pre-upgraded to 2 room Deluxe Suites facing the gardens and parks of Versailles. We both selected the local Platinum Amenity gift which was a large jar of locally produced Pear Jam.

The Suites were wonderful. Catman's were the same room numbers on the third floor, while ours were on the first floor (actually the second floor). High ceilings with crystal chandeliers.

Our Parlor living room featured a fireplace, bookcases, and tall double French Doors that opened upon a view of the gardens and the friendly sheep grazing below. Decorated in a mix of genuine antique and reproduction period furniture in the Louis XV style.

The bedroom was fantastic with large built-in armoire, desk with a view, more furniture and of course the wonderful Heavenly Bed.

The bathroom was huge. Tiled throughout with large Jacuzzi tub and separate shower stall and heated towel racks. And again large French Doors that offered the wonderful view while soaking in the tub. A truly regal Suite. Here's some snaps:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/westCDG107_109.jpg

We never had the chance to dine at the main fine dining restaurant, but we did have dinner one night at the Café Restaurant and I felt it was very reasonably priced with a great meal prepared. The fine dinning restaurant figured about a minimum of 160 Euros per person before wine, so we passed on that experience.

We also enjoyed complimentary buffet breakfast one morning of our stay (our first night was on a 175 Euro "Winter Holiday" package that included breakfast...a 28 Euro per person value...and our other 2 nights were Award stays that did not) and it was just wonderful with an incredible spread of food and a fine and funny waitstaff to get our morning off to a great start.

We had occasion to use the Concierge Helena many times and she was wonderful, very helpful and friendly. We also used Concierge Louis once and he was equally helpful.

A great stay at a great property.

Joelle Feb 21, 2005 4:24 am

I stayed there twice and this is true that this property is a wonderful one.
The gastronomic restaurant is excellent but very, very expensive..

I heard once some people complaining about this hotel... but in fact there are two hotels in that place :

1) the Palace building with wonderful rooms

2) The Pavillion wing which is a kind of business/convention wing with meeting rooms, modern rooms, but not the same level as the Palace ones.