FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/694692-westin-trianon-palace-versailles-leaves-jan-15-2009-master-thread.html)

Starwood Lurker Dec 22, 2008 10:17 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 10947935)
I got the same email. I have a cash and points award.

So they will be honoring the $90 room rate?

My best guess is that if they sent you an email saying that they would, then they will.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

craz Dec 22, 2008 11:22 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 10930613)
In my confirmation, it says that internet is complimentary in a superior room.

For All Superior Room Bookings, Get Free 24hrs High Speed Internet Access And Pay Tv

I have booked a deluxe room in the palace building. I can't find room descriptions or classifications on the hotel site. I should think a deluxe room would be considered a superior room - but is it?

I wouldnt expect everything to remain the same when its a WC. Sort of like how things changed in Rome with the Cav. I would take it that the what had been the nicer and better Upgraded rooms will now be Off-Limits for UPs just as with the Cav.

Id email the Hotel to be sure.

Also check out what a Diamonds benefits are for a WC, its not the same as for a reg Hilton

beachfan Dec 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 10948189)
My best guess is that if they sent you an email saying that they would, then they will.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Thanks. (The email was exactly as the post above mine.) My guess is that there isn't much chance of an upgrade!

Starwood Lurker Dec 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 10949088)
... My guess is that there isn't much chance of an upgrade!

Based upon your status in SPG? Yes, I would think that there is little chance of that, seeing that this property will no longer be participating in SPG at the time of your stay.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

beachfan Dec 30, 2008 2:24 pm

I did get an email from them yesterday confirming they will honor my points stay! In September!! ^^^

Rom Sac Dec 30, 2008 8:49 pm

This is quite a shame, I really enjoyed this hotel and Versailles is a quite charming town. Does it seem like until January 15 we could still make bookings for stays later in the year? Or is this too much to hope for?

Starwood Lurker II Dec 31, 2008 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Rom Sac (Post 10986528)
This is quite a shame, I really enjoyed this hotel and Versailles is a quite charming town. Does it seem like until January 15 we could still make bookings for stays later in the year? Or is this too much to hope for?

Only by dropping an email to the property would you be able to find out if it is possible.

[email protected]

Shantanu Jan 2, 2009 5:04 pm

So, so disappointed

I love staying in the Palace building at this hotel, and am so disappointed that they are leaving the *wood umbrella......I have stayed there numerous times and have found their level of service second to none in europe. Due to my need for SPG stays to retain Platinum, I will have to stay elsewhere, inside Paris from now on......I will miss my stays in Versailles.

SanDiego1K Jan 20, 2009 1:18 am

Here is current contact information for the hotel.

We inform you that from January 16, 2009, the Trianon Palace will be managed under the brand TheWaldorf=Astoria Collection of Hilton Hotels Corporation. As from this date, the email address is as follows [email protected] or at the following phone number: 33 1 30 84 51 20