Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove Seychelles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Any recent experiences with this hotel, especially post renovations? I am looking for a 3 night stay in August on Mahe. Also, any comments on the diving conditions that time of year would be great. Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:44 am

Hu hu ???

anyone stayed there?

I´m planning to go and would appreciate any information.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: SPG PLT 100+, TK ELITE+
Any recent reports about this property? As I see the ratings are pretty average. Should I consider Kempinski instead? Please advise )
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Stayed there in 2013 - maybe we got lucky, but I found the whole resort very good! We had an executive ocean view suite and couldn't fault it. I had a very quick look and saw that the rooms have been renovated, but I wouldn't have said that it was badly needed at the time.

The Beau Vallon beach that is adjacent to the resort was one of the highlights of the location, as we found it secluded enough for our taste, BUT, four years ago there were at least two other resort properties under construction on that stretch which I can now imagine has made the whole place busier.

I don't want to ramble on with a four-year-old review with out-of-date facts, and would happily read a more recent experience myself!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Bump!

Anybody have any recent experiences here? Looking at visiting for a week in Sept/Oct.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Stayed there in 2016 which is a bit more recent than the 2013 post Any more recent posts?
Then Platinum, upgraded to an ocean facing suite from standard room on a BRG rate.
Buffet breakfast as amenity though found the food to be generally quite weak. Maybe that's a Seychelles thing because we found it everywhere we went ... unless you pay premium for it at some of the much better hotels in the Seychelles.
Obviously, things change over time and maybe it has improved a lot - someone else and chime in with a more contemporary report than mine.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Trying to book two rooms here for 5 nights in November using points. We would have 2 adults and 1 child per room...won't let me book on points.
Anyone know how strict they are on this?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Any recent experiences here? Looking at maybe visiting in July and curious how they treat Plats and if there are any other recommendations on food, etc. Hopefully will be using points...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Any recent experiences here? Looking at maybe visiting in July and curious how they treat Plats and if there are any other recommendations on food, etc. Hopefully will be using points...
It's been a while since I went to Seychelles but I loved the property for it's ease of access to some of the best diving sites in the Seychelles.

They treated me very well as a Platinum and the Breakfast Buffet was excellent as they don't have a lounge there.
mindrisa likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:04 am

Stayed 5 nights in November 2018, on points. My one-sentence summary is that staying on points saved us some money, but if we were to go back to the Seychelles we would probably pay cash and stay in a better hotel.

As a platinum I received free breakfast but no other benefit (no room upgrade). The room was nice and spacious but the only separation between the bedroom and the bathroom were a set of tattered curtains that looked horrible. The restroom was behind a sliding door that offered no soundproofing.
The pool area was rather small and it was not easy to secure sunbeds (unless you don't mind having no shade at all).
More detailed review below.

Transportation:
The hotel can arrange a pick-up from the airport for SCR600 which can be charged to the room, so no need to carry cash. The driver offered to take us back to the airport for 500 if we arranged it directly with him.
We did not use any taxis while we were there, but we rented a car for a couple of days. It was EUR40 for a small car + EUR20 for insurance (so EUR60 per day); it is cheaper to do it outside the hotel but we couldn't be bothered. Most of the roads on the island are single-lane and driving is rather slow; the overall driving experience was easy and I believe it is worth it.
I definitely recommend renting a car to try to visit some of the better beaches on the island. Our favourite ones were Anse Intendance (Banyan Tree) and Petite Anse (Four Seasons). Also worth visiting the botanical gardens if you want to see the tortoises.

Food and beverage:
There are 3 main restaurants in the hotel.
The buffet restaurant (Le Cardinal) serves breakfast: it was a decent selection but not a lot of variation over the days. They also serve dinner and we tried it once but it was rather boring. They do different themes every night so it could potentially be good on occasion.
Paris Seychelles is the more "upscale" restaurant if you wish. We tried it once and the food was good (we ignored the overpriced wine list, so no comment on that).
The pool bar is the casual dining option. I think there is a happy hour too (sorry can't remember the details), so you can have some cocktails first and then move on to dinner.
3 or 4 times a week they promote a small wine tasting event. It seemed decent and we signed up for it, but it was cancelled due to lack of participation. That's one thing that annoyed - the hotel did not notify us about it, we had to figure it out ourselves.

Getting out of the hotel:
The hotel exits on a busy road with no proper pavement, but plenty of people walk it. If you turn right as you exit, there is a basic supermarket in less than five minutes. If you turn left, you will have to walk longer but you will eventually get to more substantial supermarkets and ATMs.
The hotel is on the southern end of Beau Vallon beach. You can exit on the beach and walk along it. You first cross two resorts (the H resort and Berjaya) before you get to Coral Strand after 20-30 minutes. There are a number of dining option around there - Indian (Mahek), Italian (La Perle, La Plage), the Boat House and others. Wednesday nights there is a night market which attracts plenty of local people and it gets plenty of food stands if you enjoy street food.
SanDiego1K and mindrisa like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:23 pm

Did some looking at the hotel and think I’ll pass on it. Shocked there isn’t a Ritz / St Regis / Autograph Collection hotel here yet. Would do wonders.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:52 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
My wife and I stayed for 5 nights at the Fisherman's Cove on points. It was our first visit to the Seychelles and was nice to see the main island. However the hotel itself was just so-so. The staff was friendly and the food, for the most part, was OK. Yet the biggest downside is the hotel's age. It seems to not have had any type of an upgrade since it was opened in 2004.

Our room was nice and clean and everything worked well - but was definitely on the older side. There was really only one place to charge devices in the entire room. Also the setup had the bathtub somewhat in the middle of the room which we are not fans about.

The pool area and beach access worked out well and the environment for catching some sun and going into the water worked well.

Some pictures from our stay:https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...ve-seychelles/
bsdstone likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Avios, Marriott, Amex, Virgin
Does anyone know if there are any other bars/restaurants within walking distance? We are thinking between this hotel and the Westin but don't want to just eat in the hotel.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by barriei
Does anyone know if there are any other bars/restaurants within walking distance? We are thinking between this hotel and the Westin but don't want to just eat in the hotel.
There is no Westin on the Seychelles.
You´ll find some simple Restaurants and snacks around this area in walking distance. There is one really good Indian restaurant.
Food at the LM is really not great and overpriced.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Avios, Marriott, Amex, Virgin
Oh yeah, thanks for that, I'm getting confused with the Westin in Mauritius! We're also considering that hotel as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.