Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best *Wood pool in North America or Caribbean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:11 am
Original Poster

I'm looking to go away with my wife for a long weekend somewhere between mid-September and mid-October. She loves to lay out by the pool and relax. Any suggestions on the best pool at a Starwood property in North America or the Caribbean? We live in the DC area and I'd like somewhere feasible for a long weekend. I'm specifically looking for suggestion at a location that would have a climate conducive to going to the pool in late September/early October.

We went to the Westin Our Lucaya in the Bahamas about 2 years ago, and she loved that. Just wondering if there are any better options. Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by vthokies
I'm looking to go away with my wife for a long weekend somewhere between mid-September and mid-October. She loves to lay out by the pool and relax. Any suggestions on the best pool at a Starwood property in North America or the Caribbean? We live in the DC area and I'd like somewhere feasible for a long weekend. I'm specifically looking for suggestion at a location that would have a climate conducive to going to the pool in late September/early October.

We went to the Westin Our Lucaya in the Bahamas about 2 years ago, and she loved that. Just wondering if there are any better options. Thanks!

Not sure about the weather but for a location right on one of the best beaches in the world, check out the Westin Grand Cayman. We had a fantastic time there last August.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:28 am

St. Regis monarch beach
Old Aug 17, 2005, 12:05 pm

Programs: NWA worldperks Platinum Elite, Centurion,
Phoenician

Originally Posted by vthokies

Try the Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ.
If you can book a room (or get an upgrade) to a suite in the Canyon Building (do a search for that, I've heard that building will be closed for a bit) it's got it's own pool completely seperate from the rest of the resort, and usually is very quiet. It is nestled between the canyon building and the back of camelback mountain, so it is very secluded with a beautiful view. They do have cabanas and a pool bar/grill, as well as a dedicated concierge for the canynon building.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:24 pm

Programs: CO; UA; Delta; Hilton Gold; SPG
Princeville has a great infinity pool overlooking Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. It's generally very quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.