Wiki Posts
Search

Kids in room question @ Sheraton Bolzano

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2004, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Kids in room question @ Sheraton Bolzano

Need some help here.

I'm planning a trip from Munich to Venice with a 1 night stop in Bolzano.

I'd like to book a room but before doing so, I'd like to hear about folks who have used this hotel. There'll be 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 11 & 13).

1. Can I book only 1 room, hoping to get upgraded (to a suite or so). I am currently a platinum (just recent)
2. Will I have to get 1 or 2 rollaways for my children? or can I just get by with 1 rollaway? We usually can have the wife sleep with the 2 children on a king size bed. If there is a sofa bed, I'll end up on it.
3. Does the hotel charge for rollaways and is there a charge for children in the room? I'm used to the US policies regarding children but I've seen posts here where Europe is more stringent regarding extra person(s) in the room.

Any insight would be appreciated. I've booked a room with the Hotel Greif (they are allowing 4 in the room with 1 rollaway, 4 breakfasts for a "superior" room rate of 195E) but would like to know what the policies are for Sheraton 4 Points Bolzano before I book there.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 1:20 pm
akm

I usually email the hotel to get a written response in such situations (unless the policy is posted on their web site). Seems like the (extra) child-in-the-room policy is really hotel specific in most cases and you are right - hotels in Europe are much more restrictive (in some cases because the usual rooms are just too small).

I personally would not show up in a hotel without a written understanding in this matter since the additional person charges can sometimes be quite substantial (and there is a danger that they will make you pay for a second room).
Old Sep 27, 2004, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
OTOH what good is your plat status if you can't get a bigger room, + some leeway from the staff?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notsosmart
OTOH what good is your plat status if you can't get a bigger room, + some leeway from the staff?
You're right about this but we are at the mercy of the front desk. I'm not willing to wait till then to find out.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 4:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by directcj
You're right about this but we are at the mercy of the front desk. I'm not willing to wait till then to find out.
As a Platinum, that is all that you are entitled to - upgrade at check-in. I think that you will find consistent advice all over this board that says if a certain room upgrade/view/floor is going to make/break your trip, you need to book the room that you want and not hope for an upgrade.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold (1.82 MM), HH Diamond, *Wood PP
our recent trip to italy (aug 04) with 2 kids

My experience with starwood properties in Italy:

This summer I traveled in Italy staying a total of 5 nights in Starwood properties (wife and 2 kids 11 & 9). 4 nights were award nights while one was purchased at the last minute

Sheraton Roma: their policy was one child in the room. However they gave a roll-up bed without charge. We stayed two award nights here.

4P Sheraton Firenze: Excellent customer service here. Their policy was 2 people to a room. The guy at the desk upgraded us to the largest room they had and put in a roll-away. No charge. We stayed two award nights here.

4P Sheraton Milan: We arrived in Milan due to a change in travel plans, and due to a language barrier my phone reservation with two kids, turned out to be a small room not appropriate for 4 people. The lady at the front desk upgraded us to a suite for 139Euro (normal cost 199 Euro according to her)

I guess the bottom line is that if I were you I would go to the SHeraton and talk with them pleasantly and they will accomodate you (guessing that this is not a busy time to be in Bolzano)

PS I am a lowly preferred plus

Last edited by dodo_2k; Sep 28, 2004 at 7:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.