Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can we still move points to airlines without a hotel component?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:39 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

A favorite redemption with Starwood points was moving 20K to various airline programs, receiving a 5K bonus and getting 25K airline points. Is Marriott going to have a version of this award? I don't see any award for airline miles only. I see the package for 7 days at a hotel and airline miles.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Airline Miles:
  • You’ll be able to transfer points to more than 40 airlines, including new options, such as Virgin Australia, Aegean Airlines and Air New Zealand. The new ratio will be 3 points for one mile.
  • Plus, starting in August, we’ll add 15,000 points for every 60,000 points you transfer to airline miles, providing you with a total of 25,000 miles in the airline program of your choice.

thats from previously, they really need to work on showing this stuff
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 28, 2018 at 7:33 pm
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:16 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Just in case you want to know where, on Marriott's site they state the airline miles transfer info: https://members.marriott.com/marriottrewards/
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Transfer as few as 3,000 points and up to 240,000 points per day - and any amount in between.

Use points for airport lounge access and TSA PreCheck enrollment.
1k spg to 80k spg

starwood says >

79,999 [so 60k ?] StarpointsŪ per transfer partner program listed in the transfer partner drop-down menu within a 24-hour period

no minimum Starpoint transfer requirement for Platinum Preferred Guests, except where transfer ratios are not 1:1.4 Gold Preferred Guests have a minimum transfer requirement of 1,500 Starpoints, and Preferred Guests have a minimum transfer requirement of 2,500 Starpoints.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 28, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.