Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What about a Marriott person who would have had ten years of Plat status if MR had used the criterion of 25 stays? That would be a big mess to recalculate. Similarly for three rooms getting night and stay credit being extended to Marriott nights.

When everyone is LTPP, no one is.
No you have to think about you having a LT activity set under each program {#Nights, #Years , #Points } these activity sets are then be valued under the LT thresholds under reciprocal program as well as under the actual program where you obtained it. No annual qualification criteria are involved since each activity set condition on the program were you obtained the activity set in question.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by X-ON
My guess is that the only potential way SPG members can be awarded LTPP as initial LT tier are if they meet the MR LT criteria with their SPG LT activity. Combined accounts will be for the merged program.
I would assume MR members should be able to qualify against SPG LT criteria with their MR activity as well.
It's only fair to combine nights across programs for folks who have earned LTP in either, especially for the past few years, because SPG/Marriott members have been staying at properties on both sides since the merger was announced under the valid presumption that everything was "Marriott". Many folks, myself included, have been told in writing and on the phone that accounts would be combined and that those numbers could affect lifetime eligibility under the old program. All of the arguments have been made. Folks are now patiently waiting for a clarification, and I truly hope that updated clarification comes out soon.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Given we are getting different answers from different people depending upon who's asking who, my next step is to wait until an official announcement is made before changing plans. The age-old FT saying: YMMV on this issue as well. Those that have not made contact should let their opinion be known. Those that have made contact just might be the ones to get something changed. Let's see what ends up being reality.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
But I guess just using nights is easier; so a SPG LTG with 750+ nights would get LTPP as initial tier?
No.
What was clearly communicated was the ONLY path to LTPP is to qualify for LTP under the Marriott structure, with Marriott nights and Marriott points.

Right now there is NO path for a member that is only SPG LTP to qualify for LTPP.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Plumber
No.
What was clearly communicated was the ONLY path to LTPP is to qualify for LTP under the Marriott structure, with Marriott nights and Marriott points.

Right now there is NO path for a member that is only SPG LTP to qualify for LTPP.
I understand that; my objection to the current mapping of initial LT tier as it stands is that it is unfair since certain SPG members LT activity under the MR thresholds would qualify them for LTPP (or LTP for that matter). We all know what have been communicated so far and many LT SPG members feel treated as 2nd class members.because of this perceived biasness towards LT MR activity .If MAR will do anything about it is an open question, but we certainly hope so.
Plumber likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
.If MAR will do anything about it is an open question, but we certainly hope so.
Understood! I hope so too!
Old May 10, 2018, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
SUCCESS!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!^^^^^
paolo64 likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by schley
SUCCESS!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!^^^^^
Congratulations, and thanks for starting this!
Old May 10, 2018, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes, thanks to all who posted here and organized the message to Marriott.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Congratulations!!!
Old May 10, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Congratulations!!!
To those who hit a self selected threshold good news.

Meanwhile to the rest of us, Marriott loses all future business, hope this was revenue positive for them. Certainly not for my 100 nights and the 100 folks who have their expenses signed off by me.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
To those who hit a self selected threshold good news.

Meanwhile to the rest of us, Marriott loses all future business, hope this was revenue positive for them. Certainly not for my 100 nights and the 100 folks who have their expenses signed off by me.
Wow I would never use my powers of signing expense reports to dictate to employees which business they can and cannot frequent. I certainly don't tell my employees they can't expense a steak just because I don't eat red meat.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by SF1K
Wow I would never use my powers of signing expense reports to dictate to employees which business they can and cannot frequent. I certainly don't tell my employees they can't expense a steak dinner just because I don't eat red meat.

Sorry - didn't mean to quote myself. Hit quote instead of edit for a typo.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SF1K
Wow I would never use my powers of signing expense reports to dictate to employees which business they can and cannot frequent. I certainly don't tell my employees they can't expense a steak just because I don't eat red meat.
To each their own, I can't stop them from claiming for Marriott properties but they will quickly learn that their expenses get approved much quicker if they choose other chains that haven't screwed me over and they will get the message if they don't take my verbal steer to begin with.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
To each their own, I can't stop them from claiming for Marriott properties but they will quickly learn that their expenses get approved much quicker if they choose other chains that haven't screwed me over and they will get the message if they don't take my verbal steer to begin with.
Wow!
MSPeconomist and Yul_voyager like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.