Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Least offensive/best recommended *wood hotel at LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Least offensive/best recommended *wood hotel at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Aloft has free parking IIRC.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've done maybe a hundred LAX stays over the years at about a dozen different hotels. The Westin *used* to be the best because they would upgrade plats to those nice suites with the outdoor jacuzzi. But that was back in the days when there weren't so many plats. It's just not possible anymore. The only advantage the Westin has today is the best bar among the bunch. Good food at the bar too. Much better than the Sheraton.

For cheap stays that include free parking, I recently tried the HIX and got a nice suite upgrade with great views over LAX. And a better breakfast than the awful stuff they serve at the Sheraton club.

Another one that can sometimes be cheap is the Courtyard El Segundo which also has free parking and is walking distance to a strip mall that has several food outlets.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:39 pm

Hello, would like to piggyback onto this thread with an add-on: Which of the 4 properties' pools do you reckon is the best bet for some proper swimming?

From pictures, it appears as if the Four Points would be closest to a *swimming* pool...at least when it comes to the shape and perceived length. SPG website only mentions the total measurements of 109sqm/1176sqf and depth. But since maximum depth is stated as 8.5 meters / 27.88 ft (olympic diving pools aren't as deep ), I am not sure what to make of the data at all.

+OT to this particular thread, but if anyone has any suggestions outside SPG for a LAX airport hotel w/ a good size pool...Thank you
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
To come back to the thread I started: I ended up staying at the Hyatt Regency. With a WOH special rate, I got a room for a little less than any of the Starriott hotels in the area. I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the place. Bright and airy me. The FD actually acknowledged my lowly WOH membership (NOT elite). The room was nicely functional - a 50" TV, good desk, chair, a comfortable bed. The shuttle to/from the airport is shared by the QuickPark parking service that is behind the Hyatt. It seemed to run every few minutes. I waited maybe 5 minutes at LAX for the pickup (I took the Flyer bus from the Amtrak Union Station downtown) to the hotel; walked right on the shuttle for the morning ride to the Delta terminal. No muss, no fuss. It's going to be my LAX hotel if I have to do another stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.