Community
Wiki Posts
Search

26 months of Platinum for £300?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:40 am
Original Poster

26 months of Platinum for £300?

I'm in the middle of a Plat challenge and my plans have been messed up a bit so my original plan to succeed on the Plat challenge without any mattress runs is out of the window.

I'd be looking at spending £300 GBP on mattress runs to be able to claim Plat through the challenge.

Is this worth it?

Current status - Gold
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shadowline
I'm in the middle of a Plat challenge and my plans have been messed up a bit so my original plan to succeed on the Plat challenge without any mattress runs is out of the window.

I'd be looking at spending £300 GBP on mattress runs to be able to claim Plat through the challenge.

Is this worth it?

Current status - Gold
How come 26 months? Would status not be good through Feb 2018?

In any case, I would find it well worth 300gbp in terms of breakfasts, upgrades and lounge access. Especially if you tend to use the higher end brands and travel to Asia.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I think you only get Plat until February 2019, so 14 months max.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by alphaod
I think you only get Plat until February 2019, so 14 months max.
If the challenge is competed now but if completed in January then it would likely be 2019, right?

If 'til 2109 then I would say it would seem worth it unless you would make it next year on stay activity anyways. Only the OP can really say for sure based on the stays they would have during that period and how they value the upgrades during those stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.