Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The food could/should be great.

http://www.sfgate.com/insidescoop/ar...r-11251100.php
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Bunk Room, Non-Smoking
1 Bunk Bed
175 ft² / 16 m²
Interior view
Mini bar
Full Description & Features
Book Early And Save
Non-refundable, non-changeable
Full pre-payment required at time of booking
Rate Terms & Details
Book NowUSD 220 per room / night+ charges & taxes= USD 256
Erm, what? A bunk bed for $250+ a night?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ralphs
Erm, what? A bunk bed for $250+ a night?
Book early and save!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I'm glad my conference negotiated a $250/night rate at the Fairmont.

Sounds much nicer than staying loyal to SPG.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Having a celebrity chef "oversee" a hotel restaurant is no guarantee of an enjoyable dining experience. I've had too many mediocre meals at restaurants "overseen" by Michael Mina.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
I'm glad my conference negotiated a $250/night rate at the Fairmont.

Sounds much nicer than staying loyal to SPG.
Until you realize the Fairmont is a relic...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francophile
Having a celebrity chef "oversee" a hotel restaurant is no guarantee of an enjoyable dining experience. I've had too many mediocre meals at restaurants "overseen" by Michael Mina.
He doesn't' even own his name/company anymore. In the early days, it was one of my life's finest meals. On the other hand, he didn't have an empire at the time.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:16 pm

Nothing to add. This is, indeed, a Proper San Francisco property, cheers!! crime statistics
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by crispeta
Nothing to add. This is, indeed, a Proper San Francisco property, cheers!! crime statistics
This stretch of Market isn't really unsafe unless you're very unlucky or do something very stupid.

Unpleasant is a different issue.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:52 pm

It feels unsafe if you're not used to being around people who are itinerants/homeless.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:47 am

It feels unsafe if you're not used to being around people who are itinerants/homeless.
Yes, that's "unpleasant." Which I agree this area can often be. But that's different from "unsafe." As an Oakland resident, you learn by necessity to differentiate the two.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:19 pm

I was in the "only unpleasant" and "car break ins are part of a city tax" camp for the longest time I have been living in SF. However, the noticeable uptick of robbed at gunpoint, stabbing incidents, aggravated assaults etc. targeting citizens of all demographics in perceived to be safer neighborhoods (incl. Northbeach) have changed my point of view.

SFPD reporting a decline in smartphone theft (positive, without a doubt!) a week after (yet another) homicide in the context of a camera equipment robbery at Twin Peaks, is just mildly insensitive..

I understand your point, but a tourist, who allegedly doesn't know better, shouldn't rely on the tiniest amount of luck in order to be safe.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by crispeta
I was in the "only unpleasant" and "car break ins are part of a city tax" camp for the longest time I have been living in SF. However, the noticeable uptick of robbed at gunpoint, stabbing incidents, aggravated assaults etc. targeting citizens of all demographics in perceived to be safer neighborhoods (incl. Northbeach) have changed my point of view.
Yes, that's the "extremely unlucky" part. There is crime throughout the urban bay area, even in "good neighborhoods" like North Beach or Twin Peaks, and if you're extremely unlucky you can be robbed there.

Market between 5th and 9th is unpleasant, but not unsafe. Bancroft @90th in Oakland is unsafe. As are many portions of Bayview/Hunters Point.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.sfchronicle.com/aboutsfga...d-11718261.php

SF Civic Center focus of urgent, coordinated cleanup effort
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Has anyone actually stayed at this hotel? Any reviews? The were offering the Proper Welcome Rate, which included, 2 drinks late check-out and confirmed upgrade on booking, which I booked, but they have now changed the offer and removed reference to the upgrade and my room has not been upgraded - so I suspect they will not honor the terms under which I booked.

Still planning to stay in the booked room, but are the rooms smaller than most SF rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.