Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood points to Miles not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Starwood points to Miles not posting

I have transfered points in the last few weeks and none have showed up yet in the miles account

I know spg says it can take 30 days and before that, they cant do anything, but most times it takes a day, max a few days

Seems SPG has a issue

Please post if your points are also stuck and to what programm, like this SPG will see its a wider issue and the problem is on their side

Mine are stuck from 2 weeks ago to LH
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by moebod
I have transfered points in the last few weeks and none have showed up yet in the miles account

I know spg says it can take 30 days and before that, they cant do anything, but most times it takes a day, max a few days

Seems SPG has a issue

Please post if your points are also stuck and to what programm, like this SPG will see its a wider issue and the problem is on their side

Mine are stuck from 2 weeks ago to LH
Have you reviewed this thread?? FAQ: How long for a points transfer to an airline? (2008 on) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Yes I have

Seems SPG has a major issue the last few weeks, I am fed up of waiting and them saying on their end its going through when the issue is clearly by them, as its across the board to all programms. So if everybody will post here in one thread our dear spg lurker will hopefully realze, that its a wider issue
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think moebod is right. All my transfers after 17/Jan are in limbo. See my posts in the mentioned thread to see how my Delta and JAL transfers after 17/Jan are not posting at the same speed as those prior to that date:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24195379-post380.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24195413-post381.html

The question is, has anyone had a SPG -> airline transfer request made on or after 17/Jan post successfully?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:18 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I transferred 40k SPG to AAdvantage on Tuesday / Wednesday Jan 20/21. As of Tuesday Jan 26, they have not turned up.

My AMEX credit card spend that normally posts on the 18th and 21st (personal / business) of every month has failed to post as well.

I called the SPG Gold line. Was pretty much a waste of a call. I received the useful suggestion that they are directed to say that point transfers take 7-10 days and that I should call AMEX to see where my points are. The operator was unaware of any issues.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:19 am

I transferred LH on the 17th and it still hasnt posted. I am also having problems with US as well.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:31 am

Same here. It's been a Collosal pain dealing with them. Used to be a smooth few days max and now it's just stuck. Worst part is the reps are clueless and juts read the 30 day line. Come on, listen to what callers are telling are you, there is an issue here.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Same thing with me. Transferred to SQ on Jan 11.

Called yesterday and they said I have to wait up to 14 business days with the 19th not counting because of MLK; extremely unhelpful CSR told me to call back at day 15

I also sent a message to SPG - received an email earlier today with the following reply:
"I am very sorry to know that Starpoints transferred to Singapore Airline account does not reflecting to the airline account. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I have forwarded this query to the concerned department. Please allow us 7 to 10 working days to look into this matter and assist you in a better way. Your patience is highly appreciated."

So, I have to wait an additional 7-10 business days for them just to investigate what happened?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:15 am

When I initiated the transfers on 17/Jan to JAL, EK flights had 7+ seats in J on my preferred date and 2-3 alternate dates. Since the first transfer took 5 calendar days (3 business days), I expected the same/similar with the later transfers.

As of yesterday, my preferred date was gone, but alternates were still available. As of this morning, everything is gone. I transferred 260K SPG to 325k JAL, let's hope I can use them for some future trip before they expire in 3 years

We're a party of 5, so not as easy to find availability!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Starwood points to Miles not posting

Been a few weeks on a SPG-SPG transfer over here...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:51 am

1. Transferred 60k SPG--> AAdvantage on Mon Jan 19th 10PM PST

2. Transferred ~40k my wife's SPG --> mine SPG on Mon Jan 19th 10PM PST

(Yes, our addresses have been the same on SPG for more than a few months)

Neither have shown up by Tuesday Jan 27th 10AM PST.

SPG deducted 60k for my AAdvantage account immediately after the transfer (even though they have not showed up on the AAdvantage account)

However, SPG has NOT deducted the ~40k from my wife's account yet. So not sure if there is another issue there or not.

Called the Customer Service line today, basically no help. Said that neither transferred was flagged for anything, so just wait and call after 2 weeks!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by filmimiles
However, SPG has NOT deducted the ~40k from my wife's account yet. So not sure if there is another issue there or not.
For internal transfers, the deduction and posting happen at the same time.

However, thanks for your data points, as it seems to problem is with both airline transfers and internal transfers.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:13 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Same issue... transferred a few weeks back from my son's SPG to mine... Still waiting for the transfer to complete.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:41 pm

My guess is that because of the data breach/hacking of various frequent flyer accounts and also SPG accounts, SPG is being super careful and vetting each transfer more than they would otherwise to make sure it is not fraudulent. It would explain the delay for all the airline transfers and also internal transfers that people are reporting here.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA FB UA AMEX CUR SPG BA KE SQ LH VS
moebod thank you for starting this thread.

I have made several transfers from SPG to several Airline FF programs and have documented all of them with times and dates.

Most of my transfers were from SPG to LH M&M and always the points including the 5K bonuses arrived the very next day. Even the transfers I processed on Sundays arrived the next day.

There must be something wrong. The SPG CSRs are just quoting the 7 to 14 to 30 day response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.