FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Stag Do Ideas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1546497-stag-do-ideas.html)

remymartin Jan 30, 2014 4:19 am

What about WAW? Cheap Starwoods abound with excellent Plat recognition. Cheap booze abound, too.

TRAVELSIG Jan 30, 2014 4:21 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 22251218)
What about WAW? Cheap Starwoods abound with excellent Plat recognition. Cheap booze abound, too.

Krakow perhaps as it is much more beautiful. I would not personally go to Warsaw for any reason except business.

skye1 Jan 30, 2014 5:16 am

Colleague (also based here in London) had his in Edinburgh, and had a cracking time. The Sheraton in Edinburgh gets great reviews.

The Turnberry outside of Glascow might be another idea.

Sure, perhaps you & your mates want to get out of the UK.....perhaps there's food for thought in the "no place like home" route.

Oxon Flyer Jan 30, 2014 1:13 pm

One more for the easy/cheap-to-get-to list is Dublin, with the Westin providing an oasis of calm amongst the traditional stag activities ....

JK Jan 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 22254075)
One more for the easy/cheap-to-get-to list is Dublin, with the Westin providing an oasis of calm amongst the traditional stag activities ....

Indeed - but no. :D

[I virtually lived at the Westin Dublin for over 2 years. While everything and everyone was fantastic, I'd have no desire to return for a while, and certainly not to Dublin for a stag do! I'm struggling to find the right word, but 'messy' comes to mind.]

YouGeeElWhy Jan 30, 2014 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by JK (Post 22254131)
Indeed - but no. :D

[I virtually lived at the Westin Dublin for over 2 years. While everything and everyone was fantastic, I'd have no desire to return for a while, and certainly not to Dublin for a stag do! I'm struggling to find the right word, but 'messy' comes to mind.]

Odd, because "stag do" also is a synonym for messy.:D

JK Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy (Post 22254539)

Haha, I know! The sheer thought of it is filling me with terror! :D

MSPeconomist Jan 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy (Post 22254539)

The thread title could suggest a FT event involving male animals in the deer family, maybe to pet them, maybe to hunt them, maybe to eat them (like COW DO).

Flews Jan 31, 2014 6:22 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 22256929)
The thread title could suggest a FT event involving male animals in the deer family, maybe to pet them, maybe to hunt them, maybe to eat them (like COW DO).

I regularly eat deer. Does and fawns are tastier than stags.

Cheers,

remymartin Jan 31, 2014 6:39 am

Do reindeer count?

funbelgrade Jan 8, 2015 7:07 am

If your looking for something a bit different, then Belgrade is the place, has every thing you could possibly want for a boys weekend away, and its fresh and untouched by stag parties as of yet.

Give it a go, you wont be sorry

MichaelBaku Jan 8, 2015 7:48 am

Originally Posted by funbelgrade (Post 24124545)
If your looking for something a bit different, then Belgrade is the place, has every thing you could possibly want for a boys weekend away, and its fresh and untouched by stag parties as of yet.

Give it a go, you wont be sorry

Agree with the Belgrade suggestion but have you thought about Tirana. There's a really nice Sheraton there and the city is way, way cheaper than anywhere I've been in Europe.

DC777Fan Jan 8, 2015 8:14 am

Munich? Not the most wild and crazy city around, but not boring, either... Easy flight, easy to do on the cheap (or not), and several SPG hotels...

dtwdoc Jan 8, 2015 8:58 am

Is this an indirect invite??? ^:)^

Lack Jan 8, 2015 3:20 pm

Sheraton Sopot is fairly cheap and close to many clubs/pubs.
Plenty of LCC options LON-GDN too.