FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   W Leicester Square - will never ever moan again (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1511651-w-leicester-square-will-never-ever-moan-again.html)

TheBigRat Oct 13, 2013 5:23 am

W Leicester Square - will never ever moan again

So, have tried applying SNA's a gazillion times - worked great at The Diplomat Hollywood as part of the family vacation but that was a rarity like many of us face. This weekend, took the better half to London for her birthday and used some points to book a room at the W - SNA was declined, usual email. Checked in and were given the E Wow suite. Breathless, truly incredible. This one upgrade ( penthouse suite, 6k gbp per night) was nothing short of sensational. If its the only upgrade we ever get again - I swear I wont complain. You all know and appreciate what our other halves go through while we are away - to be able to spoil her this way was wonderful. Thanks W team. You've no idea what it means to us.

remymartin Oct 13, 2013 5:47 am

Congratulations! ^^^

schley Oct 13, 2013 6:00 am

wow.....i'm stunned. did you do any pre arrival emails? Have an ambassador or anything special? I'm shocked really in a good way. Were you there for 1 night or how many?

3rdworldresident Oct 13, 2013 7:54 am

Congratulations!

i wish i could get a suite when i was there too. (this kind of experience have never happened in my life so far.)

pelapela Oct 13, 2013 10:04 am

Congratulations! I guess she was having a full house that day.

TheBigRat Oct 13, 2013 11:40 am

No previous emails, niente, nada - was just a complete surprise and blew us away. Been Plat for the past 5 or so years and had nothing remotely close to this - in fact, have stayed at SPG properties in 18+ Countries - strange it happened in my home Country..

holtju2 Oct 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by TheBigRat (Post 21600848)
No previous emails, niente, nada - was just a complete surprise and blew us away. Been Plat for the past 5 or so years and had nothing remotely close to this - in fact, have stayed at SPG properties in 18+ Countries - strange it happened in my home Country..

Hotel was likely full, they had to upgrade some and went based on status. Don't see anything so unusual here including useless SNA's not clearing.

Keyser Oct 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by TheBigRat (Post 21599534)
Checked in and were given the E Wow suite.

did you take any pictures????

tfung Oct 14, 2013 10:16 am

Did they take your SNA anyways, or was the upgrade completely complimentary?

MKB Sep 22, 2014 11:44 am

Happened to us last Friday. Extreme Wow Suite, which is room 710, given to us when checking in around 22:30. Sadly we had to be out by 11:00 the following morning, so didn't have it for long, but it was a lovely surprise.

And on a room rate of £205!

I'm the first to complain when Starwood lets me down, but when it springs the occasional fantastic upgrade like this, I'll stay loyal. Platinum for 15 years and counting.

drewp123 Sep 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 21602204)
Hotel was likely full, they had to upgrade some and went based on status. Don't see anything so unusual here including useless SNA's not clearing.

This is the reason why, especially if there was no contact with the property before arrival.

I spent 5 nights there and received a basic room on the lowest level. Was informed usually 70% of guests are gold/plat. Said they were sorry, but really nothing they could do.

Was given two drink coupons to ease the pain of a standard room :p

Johnny Rocket Sep 22, 2014 10:51 pm

I've had this room too - superb. Well done!

When I did it I used 20k points too on a weekend as well!

radonCGN Sep 23, 2014 3:25 am

You might try the Park Tower Knightsbridge next time you want to burn some SNAs. I've been there in April with my 11 yo son, so he can experience a whole city talking in this strange language he started to learn :)

Ok, it was just the Executive Suite, but my son was blown away.