Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Crossover Rewards with SPG and the Delta SkyMiles program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crossover Rewards with SPG and the Delta SkyMiles program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by abk
And the free bag
I have read through this thread and can't find my answer so I'm asking here.

If I receive one free checked bag because of my Delta AMEX -- and am also an SPG plat does that mean I get two free checked bags with the crossover rewards?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Travisli

If I receive one free checked bag because of my Delta AMEX -- and am also an SPG plat does that mean I get two free checked bags with the crossover rewards?
I don't believe the benefits are stackable.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by Travisli

No.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:07 pm

I'm a Crossover registered SPG Plat with a Delta booking with my spouse. My Delta profile shows its linked to SPG, but the itinerary shows not eligible for complimentary upgrade and it shows a charge for first bag. How does one confirm if Plat crossover is being recognized by Delta?? thx
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:30 am

How come I don't see the SPG symbol anymore when going through the booking process with Delta....Is it just me? I checked my profile and it still shows it in there?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by s_yvr
I'm a Crossover registered SPG Plat with a Delta booking with my spouse. My Delta profile shows its linked to SPG, but the itinerary shows not eligible for complimentary upgrade and it shows a charge for first bag. How does one confirm if Plat crossover is being recognized by Delta?? thx
Did you book a Basic Economy fare or a Main Cabin fare? Basic fares are not eligible for upgrades.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:26 am

Main Cabin Fare. I noticed once it was booked it shows that I am requested for upgrade etc.,..now. There used to be an SPG blue symbol in the booking process that was beside the Wi-Fi etc., emblems on the right hand upper corner which is gone now.
Just curious if others see it?
It still shows a charge for the first bag but will assume that will go away once I actually check in for the flight and add my bag (s)?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
Did you book a Basic Economy fare or a Main Cabin fare? Basic fares are not eligible for upgrades.
I booked Comfort Plus
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:48 pm

Ha!! Been there, done that when booking with my spouse. That is a whole nother ball of wax!! As soon as you add another passenger on your same booking everything gets bent out of shape. I had to call Delta and get them to separate the reservation and such - well, I think I called three times until I got somebody that actually knew what to do or what I was talking about. I'm pretty glad I did as I got upgraded from PVR to MSP.
I can't remember exactly what she called it (kills me that I can't remember) but she kept us on the same reservation so my wife got free checked baggage and she ended up getting zone boarding 2 I believe. She just separated my name some how so I would still have the opportunity for upgrades??
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:36 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Should be hitting SPG Gold after a stay this week, and while I don't have DL status, I'm trying to read up and make sure I understand the program and have 2 clarifying questions.

1) With this combo, I should get SPG points for DL flights that I take (given that I buy the correct fare type, etc), but get nothing else on the DL side, yes?
2) Do points post based on SPG status when you booked or when you flew? I have a DL flight at the end of the month that I had booked before this week, but when I fly it I will have SPG gold. Will I get SPG points for that flight?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BonVoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, BA Bronze
I've been enjoying the incremental benefits of earning starpoints and skymiles as a SPG/Gold and DL/Silver Medallion.

I have an upcoming flight from SEA-LHR on Virgin Atlantic; however I booked the flight through delta as a code-share (for better SM mileage accrual). As a Delta marketed flight (DL4349) and ticketed by Delta, would this count towards starpoints accruals? The program rules do not explicitly prohibit accumulation on codeshares through JV partners (AF, KL, AM, VS); however, this is the first time I'm testing that theory out. Has anyone else had any luck?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: BonVoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ryw
Should be hitting SPG Gold after a stay this week, and while I don't have DL status, I'm trying to read up and make sure I understand the program and have 2 clarifying questions.

1) With this combo, I should get SPG points for DL flights that I take (given that I buy the correct fare type, etc), but get nothing else on the DL side, yes?
2) Do points post based on SPG status when you booked or when you flew? I have a DL flight at the end of the month that I had booked before this week, but when I fly it I will have SPG gold. Will I get SPG points for that flight?
Yes - you only get starpoints for the flights you take. You won't receive skymiles until you obtain a medallion status (Silver or higher).
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Still a thing?

I have stopped receiving credit for the Delta Airlines crossover rewards program. In the past if I bought a $500 flight on Delta and stayed at the Starwood property, I would get a bonus 500 points in my Starwood account for the cost of the Delta ticket. That has not happened recently. My concierge denies knowing anything about this program. I tried calling again in the next concierge knew nothing.

"In addition to the miles you already earn, SPG Platinum and Gold elite members also earn one Starpoint for every dollar spent on eligible Delta flights."

Am I crazy? Is this not a thing?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I'm still getting the SPG points for my DL tickets.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:38 am

Horrible experiences w/ crossover

I have SPG Platinum status and have been flying Delta a lot. Nobody on the Delta team seems to have a clue as to what "crossover rewards" means. I have shown them my SPG Plat card as instructed to do on the Delta FAQ's and have been turned away time and again. I have called and spent over an hour in the phone with Delta only to get the same response from them..."we aren't sure what this is". Also, don't expect to ever get a Delta upgrade. I am literally dead last on every upgrade list for Comfort or First. In the beginning of this partnership we were given silver status and it was flawless. Now, it's more frustration than it's worth. I'm seriously considering going back to American where I already have status and that something I never thought I'd say...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.