Wiki Posts
Search

New Westin Heavenly Shower

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ihdihd
There must be a Westin product manager reading this thread! I thought I was the only crazy one thinking of moving my stays based on the shower head. My problems with the new shower head are plenty:

1. Can't shave in shower (male) due to overhead placement
2. Extremely inconsistent at various pressures. The speakman was degrees of usable based on pressure, the new rain heads are binary, either pressure is good, or it is unusable (I've see the pressure so low that it looked like actual big rain drops coming down)
3. Takes 2x longer to actually shower, so it does affect efficiency.

As someone said in the thread, there's little as nice as a full pressure shower- I probably would pick based on that.
ROFLMAO!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I forgot to post this, this was the shower in my room at the Westin Philadelphia and the pressure was good.

My only issues is that it was installed as an after thought.

You can obviously tell it wasn't original to the design of the bathroom as it was way to close to the light fixture.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
They should rename it from Heavenly to Hellish. I've already rebooked several Westin stays due to this mistake.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:00 pm

same showerhead design at Westin San Francisco Market Street. Same Issue with the showerhead hitting the ceiling.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I quite like it, where the hotel has good water pressure in the rooms. But, I agree with those who say it can be quite horrible if there is not proper water pressure.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I quite like it, where the hotel has good water pressure in the rooms. But, I agree with those who say it can be quite horrible if there is not proper water pressure.
I agree. I much prefer it to the double shower heads. Of course, water pressure must be adequate.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by dcstudent
+ 1

My experience has been this is a retrofit, so it looks like one. Pulling the knob to divert water from tub to shower head does not give the shower adequate pressure.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ihdihd
There must be a Westin product manager reading this thread! I thought I was the only crazy one thinking of moving my stays based on the shower head. My problems with the new shower head are plenty:

1. Can't shave in shower (male) due to overhead placement
2. Extremely inconsistent at various pressures. The speakman was degrees of usable based on pressure, the new rain heads are binary, either pressure is good, or it is unusable (I've see the pressure so low that it looked like actual big rain drops coming down)
3. Takes 2x longer to actually shower, so it does affect efficiency.

As someone said in the thread, there's little as nice as a full pressure shower- I probably would pick based on that.

Feel the same as you for the same reasons. And, it was a giant shower but the shower head was way on one side and right over the drain - so had to stand on the metal drain the entire time. Doesn't matter how nice the room, but not haven't a decent shower ruins it.

I would definitely move my stay based on the shower. Won't stay there again.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Funny that this thread popped up again. I actually had a room last week that still had the old Speakman dual shower heads - forgot just how much better they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.