FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Platinum Status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1359584-platinum-status.html)

verse99 Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Platinum Status

I am new to Hotel Programs and are finally in a position to take off the summer and travel Asia for 1 month with the family.

So either 50 nights or 25 stays will get me Platinum Status.

Does it make sense to just book 25 separate 1 night reservations in the same Hotel to get there or is this against the rules, would we need to check in and out everyday?

mlad1101 Jun 22, 2012 10:30 pm

You would have to stay every other night. You can not earn two stay credits at the same hotel on back to back nights.

LovetoTravel83 Jun 22, 2012 10:38 pm

If your planning to book multiple room, just know that one room per night count as one night credit. But booking 25 different reservations just sound silly, it will also count as one stay as per T&C's.

steventravel Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by mlad1101 (Post 18805116)
You would have to stay every other night. You can not earn two stay credits at the same hotel on back to back nights.

IE: You would have to do one night at Hotel 1, then 1 night at Hotel 2, Then Back to Hotel 1, and so on.

ExitRowAisle Jun 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 18805133)
If your planning to book multiple room, just know that one room per night count as one night credit. . .

I don't think this is correct anymore. It was just discovered that Starwood made an unannounced change to its T&Cs in March 2012 that addresses this very situation. One can book up to 3 rooms at a hotel and get 3 nights credit each day.

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member

mlad1101 Jun 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle (Post 18805174)
I don't think this is correct anymore. It was just discovered that Starwood made an unannounced change to its T&Cs in March 2012 that addresses this very situation. One can book up to 3 rooms at a hotel and get 3 nights credit each day.

ExitRowAisle

A thread on this? I know you can with points, hadn't heard stay/night credits.

ExitRowAisle Jun 22, 2012 11:00 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-bookings.html

Braindrain Jun 22, 2012 11:22 pm

ExitRowAisle

I did not know this. This is great news!

LovetoTravel83 Jun 22, 2012 11:34 pm

ExitRowAisle

That's what I was actually saying, one can book one room per night which equals to one night credit, so 2 rooms one night equals to 2 nights credit.

pyite Jun 23, 2012 6:50 am

you're traveling to asia and planning on staying in the same hotel for a month?

holtju2 Jun 23, 2012 7:42 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 18805253)
That's what I was actually saying, one can book one room per night which equals to one night credit, so 2 rooms one night equals to 2 nights credit.

You wll get both night and a stay credit.

rooivalk Jun 23, 2012 8:33 am

You might want to look at the Platinum Challenge which gives you Platinum after 18 paid eligible nights within any 3 calendar month period (e.g. June - Aug)

carole1 Jun 23, 2012 4:38 pm

my husbands work changed hotel chains this year to starwood. we took the challenge option, and after 18 days were able to use all the plat benefits. my husband is now in shanghai, and we have been very happy with the room they gave him (suite for whole time-three weeks) plus lounge access,etc. all we had to do was notify hotel that we are now plat. no problem at all. i would not have known about the challenge if it hadn't been for flyertalk.

MSPeconomist Jun 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by carole1 (Post 18808713)
my husbands work changed hotel chains this year to starwood. we took the challenge option, and after 18 days were able to use all the plat benefits. my husband is now in shanghai, and we have been very happy with the room they gave him (suite for whole time-three weeks) plus lounge access,etc. all we had to do was notify hotel that we are now plat. no problem at all. i would not have known about the challenge if it hadn't been for flyertalk.

Which hotel? The former StRegis in Pudong which is now LC?