Platinum Status

Old Jun 22, 12, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP- 2MM
Platinum Status

I am new to Hotel Programs and are finally in a position to take off the summer and travel Asia for 1 month with the family.

So either 50 nights or 25 stays will get me Platinum Status.

Does it make sense to just book 25 separate 1 night reservations in the same Hotel to get there or is this against the rules, would we need to check in and out everyday?
Old Jun 22, 12, 10:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
You would have to stay every other night. You can not earn two stay credits at the same hotel on back to back nights.
Old Jun 22, 12, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
If your planning to book multiple room, just know that one room per night count as one night credit. But booking 25 different reservations just sound silly, it will also count as one stay as per T&C's.
Old Jun 22, 12, 10:45 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by mlad1101 View Post
You would have to stay every other night. You can not earn two stay credits at the same hotel on back to back nights.
IE: You would have to do one night at Hotel 1, then 1 night at Hotel 2, Then Back to Hotel 1, and so on.
Old Jun 22, 12, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA (1MM)
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
If your planning to book multiple room, just know that one room per night count as one night credit. . .
I don't think this is correct anymore. It was just discovered that Starwood made an unannounced change to its T&Cs in March 2012 that addresses this very situation. One can book up to 3 rooms at a hotel and get 3 nights credit each day.

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
Old Jun 22, 12, 10:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle View Post
I don't think this is correct anymore. It was just discovered that Starwood made an unannounced change to its T&Cs in March 2012 that addresses this very situation. One can book up to 3 rooms at a hotel and get 3 nights credit each day.

ExitRowAisle
A thread on this? I know you can with points, hadn't heard stay/night credits.
Old Jun 22, 12, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA (1MM)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-bookings.html
Old Jun 22, 12, 11:22 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)

ExitRowAisle
I did not know this. This is great news!
Old Jun 22, 12, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum

ExitRowAisle
That's what I was actually saying, one can book one room per night which equals to one night credit, so 2 rooms one night equals to 2 nights credit.
Old Jun 23, 12, 6:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
you're traveling to asia and planning on staying in the same hotel for a month?
Old Jun 23, 12, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
That's what I was actually saying, one can book one room per night which equals to one night credit, so 2 rooms one night equals to 2 nights credit.
You wll get both night and a stay credit.
Old Jun 23, 12, 8:33 am

Programs: SPG Plat
You might want to look at the Platinum Challenge which gives you Platinum after 18 paid eligible nights within any 3 calendar month period (e.g. June - Aug)
Old Jun 23, 12, 4:38 pm

my husbands work changed hotel chains this year to starwood. we took the challenge option, and after 18 days were able to use all the plat benefits. my husband is now in shanghai, and we have been very happy with the room they gave him (suite for whole time-three weeks) plus lounge access,etc. all we had to do was notify hotel that we are now plat. no problem at all. i would not have known about the challenge if it hadn't been for flyertalk.
Old Jun 23, 12, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by carole1 View Post
my husbands work changed hotel chains this year to starwood. we took the challenge option, and after 18 days were able to use all the plat benefits. my husband is now in shanghai, and we have been very happy with the room they gave him (suite for whole time-three weeks) plus lounge access,etc. all we had to do was notify hotel that we are now plat. no problem at all. i would not have known about the challenge if it hadn't been for flyertalk.
Which hotel? The former StRegis in Pudong which is now LC?

Search this Thread