Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SPG Website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta: Platinum, Turkish: Gold (Star Alliance Gold); HHonors: Gold; Hyatt: Plat; SPG: Plat;
New SPG Website

Looks like SPG made changes to their website that popped up at midnight, Eastern time March 1, 2012.

Looks great on first look, has a lot of information summarized on first page, included life to date nights and elite years!!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta: Platinum, Turkish: Gold (Star Alliance Gold); HHonors: Gold; Hyatt: Plat; SPG: Plat;
Sorry Starwood Lurkers - am complaining already :-(

It does shows # of years as Elite ^ but it does not specify how many were Platinum as to be a Lifetime Platinum you need 10 years of Platinum (not just Elite - as Elite could also be Gold Elite)

Unless the # of years Elite they are referring to is Platinum only...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:26 pm
Suspended

just noticed this too. i like a lot at first glance. much more space devoted to the account info and less "advertising." I'm very happy that they got rid of the animated ads. i find moving things on a page so distracting.
thanks spg!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: starwood platinum, marriott gold
I did not see the 10 suite nights under earned awards. Anyone had success?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: starwood platinum, marriott gold
disregard, just showed up under earned awards at 12:35am est.03/01/2012
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

maybe we are testing it too early :-)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by id9795
It does shows # of years as Elite ^ but it does not specify how many were Platinum as to be a Lifetime Platinum you need 10 years of Platinum (not just Elite - as Elite could also be Gold Elite)

Unless the # of years Elite they are referring to is Platinum only...
Maybe it only shows that until you hit Lifetime Gold and then switches to Platinum years? For me, it shows 5 Elite Years, but I'm still shy of 250 nights, so no lifetime status for me yet.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
The new website looks so much cleaner! Plus that Lifetime Gold was nice to see as well. Should change to Lifetime Platinum in another month. I really like the new interface. Thanks SPG!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:25 pm

Forgive me for being ignorant, but how do you get lifetime gold?

Skip it, I found the answer- After 250 nights
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
It's all there:

Life Time Platinum

Suite Night Requests

Your 24 Hour Booking Form

It is interesting, shows some of my bookings as not eligible for suite nights with the following noted reasons:

Suite Night Awards can’t be requested for some types of reservations and in some circumstances — these are:
  • The rate booked is a non-eligible SPG rate.
  • The member does not have sufficient Suite Night Awards in the account for the duration of the stay.
  • Suite Night Awards can’t be applied online to stays with more than one room. Please call us to use your Awards.
  • The number of people in a reservation party exceeds the capacity of any upgrade room options.
  • Suite Night Awards can’t be applied after 3 p.m. local hotel time the day before arrival.
  • Suite Night Awards can’t be applied to a reservation that is already booked with an upgrade option for those dates.
  • The hotel isn’t configured for Suite Night Awards. Potential reasons include, but are not limited to, hotels that don’t have upgraded room types and all-suite hotels

For a few of my bookings this makes sense. Not sure why my 5 night stay at the Westin Halifax isn't eligible. Often get upgraded there and same rate / set code I use for all my bookings. Oh well, wasn't planning on using the nights there. Keeping them for 2013.

Last edited by dmgt; Feb 29, 2012 at 11:42 pm
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:05 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'm seeing a bullet next to Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card Member that makes that section look less aesthetic.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Not quite all there...(at least on firefox) no longer shows number of liftime stays: a blatant reminder of how Platinum level for many members has devolved into tiers {pun intended}...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:11 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I like the Suite Upgrade process which shows you the room types.

Wasn't it easier before to get to your upcoming stays after login?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
My wife is Gold and I no longer see the "counter bar scale" that showed her progress toward reaching the next level: in her case gold> platinum. Has this feature been eliminated? Only shows year to date totals for stays & nights in numbers.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Looks pretty slick. At least the login box is a text box and not a Flash/Java thing which was so laggy. But... it took me a while to find where the "sign off" link was.

I'd agree it'd be nice to see how many "Elite years" are Gold and how many are Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.