Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Lagos, Nigeria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent

OK, not much on this hotel so I thought its worth a few notes from my recent stay.

First up - this is a very expensive hotel - $300 per night seem to be the best rate you can get. Its a Lagos problem - one of the most expensive cities in the world awash with oil money.

That said, its probably the best hotel in Lagos right now and there are other 'local' hotel happy to take your $300 and give you a lot less in return. So, in the local market, the pricing is about right.

When I arrived there was no specific platinum check-in. In fact queue's for check in can be a problem as the front desk does not appear to be adequately resourced, so 10 minute waits can happen. Still, they gave me a lovely UG based on Plat status to a (1 bedroom) suite with a balcony on the top floor. Noise is an issue in Lagos, so top floor is very much appreciated.

One irritating factor on check-in is they do not accept Amex - rather odd for this day and age.

Some other observations..,

1. Lovely gym with pool

2. Good security

3. Nice restaurant - good choice of buffet and some nice wines

4. Adrenaline bar is very nice - shows a lot of English football (Soccer to any American readers) and isn't awash with lushy whores unlike a lot of places in Lagos (although there are some, but they tend to leave you alone if you are not interested - and even if that is your thing, the quality is very low)

5. On the 2nd floor they have another bar called 'The Office'. At weekends they have a BBQ and live music - its a very nice place to hang out. A lot of well to do Nigerians seem to frequent the place and it has a great feel.

6. There are a lot of power cuts in Lagos. This hotel has very good backup generator facilities

7. Wifi speeds very good. Was free for me - not sure if non-plats get it free also- I think they do.

8. My $300 only gets me the normal 2 small four points towels that scarcely cover my private parts. And the basic toiletries. Maybe its just me, but for the money I expected lots of fluffy towels.

All in all, a very positive experience in one of the more difficult places in the world to do business. If you are unfortunate enough to be sent here, I would highly recommend.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:07 am

I will piggy back on this report as I am just finishing a 10 day stay at the Four Points from 14 - 23 Feb 2012.

The front desk is the same as the original report, helpful but very inefficient.

I received an upgrade through the AMEX Platinum to SPG Gold status.

I did find the rooms are the same regardless of what floor you are on. My first room 821 was very hot and only cooled down about the time I awoke the next morning. The reason it was so hot was part of the overhead to the roof was missing and you could see outside. It was noticable as a light in the AC duct. You had to remove part of the overhead in the bathroom but once you did you could see a several meter long x 200 centimeter wide hole straight outside. That explained the mold and mildew smell on the top floor. They moved me to another room on the top floor in a diferent wing but the smell in the corridors and elevator lobby on the top floor became overpowering especially the day following the rains that must have saturated that portion of the building. I then was moved to 4 floors down but in the same wing as the first room but the smell in the corridors was still present and unpleasent so I shifted down to the 3rd floor in the other wing. This room is one floor above the outdoor verdanha bar and features live music, they do stop about 10pm so it isn't that disturbing except on Friday and Saturday night when they play for quite a while. My associate on the 5th floor has a foul smell behind his frig but it is only noticable when you open the door to the cabinet that access the frig, so he doesn't open that.

Power and internet still go out frequently but neither stays out for more than a few minutes. Internet appears to be free regardless if you use the cable in the room or the wireless. No real difference in speed, you will probably have to use both as it appears when one goes out the other works.

The food is good but expensive. The bbq on the verandha starting at 7:30pm, it is good but expensive, 4 large grilled prawns with grilled veg will run you 8000NGN or about 35 USD.

Gym/Pool still good

Security good

They provide 3-4 free bottles of water in the room each day.

Rooms equipped with iron, ironing board, mini-frig, kettle, tea and coffee service.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:59 pm

thanks for the reviews guys, next time i go to los i'll try to stay here and report as well
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by ayodeji13
thanks for the reviews guys, next time i go to los i'll try to stay here and report as well
This is a nice hotel....my only other option whenever I am in LOS, outside of Novotel.

Sheraton Lagos OTOH, is one rat hole.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Is it still the case that Four Points Sheraton is to be preferred for Sheraton Lagos?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I am getting close to my August trip to Lagos. The nightly rates for the Four Points Sheraton is less than that for the Sheraton Lagos.

Does anyone have recent experience to say that the Four Points Sheraton remains the best choice? The most recent reviews on Trip Advisor are very negative about Four Points while their take on Sheraton Lagos is more positive (by comparison).

Thanks.

Last edited by Xeno; Jun 20, 2018 at 10:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.