Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEAVING AUG 2021] Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City, NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEAVING AUG 2021] Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City, NY [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Thank you, William for the response. I'll follow up with corporate.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 3/1 - 3/2

Location: The hotel is located on 39th Avenue four blocks west of 31st Street. .2 Miles away is the 39th Avenue station on the N/W lines and a half mile away are the Queens Plaza (E/M/R) and Queensboro Plaza (7/N/W) stations. The hotel is about an hour to JFK by subway or a $45 Uber ride (incidentally I had no trouble getting an Uber at 4:15 AM). The neighborhood is a little scuzzy but I didn't feel unsafe. Nearby is a bodega, a couple of bars and a Mexican food diner.

Hotel: The hotel is a large high rise with an attached bar and restaurant which serves dinner and a nice lobby and sitting area. There's also a rooftop event space. You can find street parking around the hotel but they do not have their own lot.

Check In: Handled well by the manager who was friendly and helpful and let me know I was upgraded to a Deluxe room with a balcony.

Room: A little on the small side, but hey it's New York. On the plus side the bathroom was nice with a stand up shower, the bed was really comfortable and there were outlets near it. The balcony was also a really nice touch. It gave me a great view of Manhattan and even had an outlet out there so I could charge my phone while enjoying the view.

My rate was a very low $89 and I'd come back. Because it's close to the subway it's a fine hotel for visiting New York.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I was just here and hotel is in decent shape. Don't have the noise problem many of the newer hotels in the area have because they are far from the main road and subway. One negative is the smell of cooking grease. You can smell the grease in the room. Not sure why they can't fix the problem.

But my biggest issue here is billing. I had a 2 night stay in mid week. I found out on my last night here they charged me for 1 night the weekend before. This is totally fraudulent and I told the front desk this. He said this is the first time they did this because the hotel was full in mid week. Again this is fraudulent. I can't file my expense showing me here one Saturday. This happened in a stay last year also but that was a personal stay so I did not care. So watch out with your billing.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Stayed here on an overnight this past Saturday because of location/price (friends/family rate). Mysteriously, I got an invitation to check-in in the app, when I had already checked in, and looking more closely the reservation # wasn't my original reservation #, and when I dug further my original reservation showed up as cancelled and had been replaced with this new one. Out of curiosity I called Marriott and the phone agent who looked at it said "wow, I have never seen so many notes on a reservation, this has gone all over the place and back, was cancelled a few days ago (not by me)... the new reservation was booked... oh, today! through MARSHA"

All became clear when I got the property, as the FDC was in the middle of telling the people checking in ahead of me that the property was leaving Marriott and apparently the cancellation/rebooking happened as they were cutting over to the new reservation system. (They also didn't seem to want to let them bring their dog in, so if you're reading this, hope they took care of you...) told me when I asked that they were aligning with Best Western but remaining independent somehow? and that it was effective Sunday

Won't be missed, unremarkable and typical example of a 4P (maybe smaller rooms because NYC). Wifi was atrocious and unusable in my 9th floor room. Did enjoy a snack and drink in the rooftop bar/restaurant which was pretty good with great views.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zorak
Stayed here on an overnight this past Saturday because of location/price (friends/family rate). Mysteriously, I got an invitation to check-in in the app, when I had already checked in, and looking more closely the reservation # wasn't my original reservation #, and when I dug further my original reservation showed up as cancelled and had been replaced with this new one. Out of curiosity I called Marriott and the phone agent who looked at it said "wow, I have never seen so many notes on a reservation, this has gone all over the place and back, was cancelled a few days ago (not by me)... the new reservation was booked... oh, today! through MARSHA"

All became clear when I got the property, as the FDC was in the middle of telling the people checking in ahead of me that the property was leaving Marriott and apparently the cancellation/rebooking happened as they were cutting over to the new reservation system. (They also didn't seem to want to let them bring their dog in, so if you're reading this, hope they took care of you...) told me when I asked that they were aligning with Best Western but remaining independent somehow? and that it was effective Sunday

Won't be missed, unremarkable and typical example of a 4P (maybe smaller rooms because NYC). Wifi was atrocious and unusable in my 9th floor room. Did enjoy a snack and drink in the rooftop bar/restaurant which was pretty good with great views.
Wow - 4P -> BW.

David
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Wow - 4P -> BW.

David
Not much of a rebranding involved in that transition, unless BW wants them to improve the furnishings and decor in the rooms. It's sort of an even-trade.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This hotel came in handy in a pinch. Sad.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Followed up out of curiosity -- property is gone from the Marriott web site:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...nsboro-bridge/

"Sorry, we can't find the page you requested.
You may have received this message because this page you seek is no longer available on Marriott website."

Now styled as "Vista LIC Hotel, BW Premier Collection"

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/bo...ode.33197.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.