Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Central, NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Central, NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
There are plenty that do not charge fees. Aloft Manhattan Downtown does not. Neither does The Lexington. Nor The Algonquin. Nor Andaz Wall Street.
even the element doesn't charge unless they have to hold the package for more than 48 hours....
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:56 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Westin Times Square didn't charge us for a package dropped off the day before we arrived.

They couldn't find it for hours, and sent us on a wild goose chase, but they didn't charge us.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:56 pm

Usd25 "destination fee"

Is this USD25 "Destination Fee" a new thing?

--------

Standard room rates do not include the hotel’s mandatory destination fee of 25 USD per room per night, plus local and state taxes. This destination fee includes:

Enhanced High Speed Internet Access
Complimentary local, long-distance, and international calls
20 USD food and beverage credit per room per day
20 USD dry cleaning credit per room per day
One yoga class at local studio per room per day
Choice of Citi Bike passes for two, or official Grand Central self-guided audio tour for two per day

Please see our Concierge on the lobby level to book any of these experiences.

Amenities are subject to change. All offers are per day and must be used by midnight each day. Unused credits and services do not carry forward to the next day or future days. Offer has no cash value.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Seems to be. The W appears to have it as well. It's a shame too, the Westin Grand Central used to be my go-to hotel when I was in Manhattan. I'll have to check out the Marriott options.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by broadwayboy

--------

Standard room rates do not include the hotel’s mandatory destination fee of 25 USD per room per night, plus local and state taxes. This destination fee includes:

Enhanced High Speed Internet Access
Complimentary local, long-distance, and international calls
20 USD food and beverage credit per room per day
20 USD dry cleaning credit per room per day
One yoga class at local studio per room per day
Choice of Citi Bike passes for two, or official Grand Central self-guided audio tour for two per day

Please see our Concierge on the lobby level to book any of these experiences.

Amenities are subject to change. All offers are per day and must be used by midnight each day. Unused credits and services do not carry forward to the next day or future days. Offer has no cash value.
I dont like 'fees", but this may not be that bad for a leisure traveler.
  • You go downstairs and have breakfast and make sure you don't go over $20
  • Rent a Citibike for the day and explore different parts of New York. A Citibike rental is $12 a day,
  • "Enhanced" internet. For a Gold level members and below, this is a plus.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'd bring dirty clothes from home just to have them dry cleaned!

That list is certainly better than resort fees in many areas, Las Vegas comes to mind, which really give you absolutely nothing of value.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'd bring dirty clothes from home just to have them dry cleaned!

That list is certainly better than resort fees in many areas, Las Vegas comes to mind, which really give you absolutely nothing of value.
I wouldn't bring too many clothes. $20 of dry cleaning at hotel dry cleaning rates won't get you much!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Seems to be. The W appears to have it as well. It's a shame too, the Westin Grand Central used to be my go-to hotel when I was in Manhattan.
Which W are you referring to? I haven't stumbled across this (at least not the benefits associated with extra costs).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
Which W are you referring to? I haven't stumbled across this (at least not the benefits associated with extra costs).
Times Square has the same fee and similar benefits.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
I dont like 'fees", but this may not be that bad for a leisure traveler.
  • You go downstairs and have breakfast and make sure you don't go over $20
  • Rent a Citibike for the day and explore different parts of New York. A Citibike rental is $12 a day,
  • "Enhanced" internet. For a Gold level members and below, this is a plus.
$20 F&B is per room not per person. Seems to be a bit of a "carrot" to get leisure travelers to spend more money after the sunk cost. No way it'll be under $20 for 2 people, so the hotel gets even more $$ (especially for travelers who probably would've just gone out and gotten breakfast somewhere else.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by remymartin
Both the W Times Square as well as the Westin Times Square have the fee as well.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Thanks mbluecpa and Beltway for the insight! I've not run into these fees in other properties but the properties you mention are the ones I haven't stayed in a while!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jmanirish
$20 F&B is per room not per person. Seems to be a bit of a "carrot" to get leisure travelers to spend more money after the sunk cost. No way it'll be under $20 for 2 people, so the hotel gets even more $$ (especially for travelers who probably would've just gone out and gotten breakfast somewhere else.
I never said nor insinuated the F&B fee was per person. I highlighted what was offered which is very clear. Reviewing the menu, I believe $20 is enough to cover or significantly reduce the cost of a breakfast, for one. In addition, not everyone wants to have a sit down breakfast, so this is still a good deal.

All of the fees together are worth more than the fee itself. Personally if they think the property and the products provided are that good, they should just try to up-sell. A lot of people would buy food, order room service or enhance wifi.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Was told by the front desk that the facility fee is ending 10 Dec and that I wouldn’t be charged now as my reservation was booked before August.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Was told by the front desk that the facility fee is ending 10 Dec and that I wouldn’t be charged now as my reservation was booked before August.
Definitely good news!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.