FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Where will you redeem stays earned in the Q2 free weekend night promo? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1075367-where-will-you-redeem-stays-earned-q2-free-weekend-night-promo.html)

SanDiego1K Aug 4, 2010 10:43 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 14421502)
otherwise, in a worst case just burn them at (if applicable) a local FS hyatt and collect your diamond amenities for each stay and whatever free b/f, lounge access etc you can squeeze out of them

We're talking Starwood, not Hyatt.

PresRDC Aug 4, 2010 11:49 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 14421502)
depends whats your tolerance for risk?

otherwise, in a worst case just burn them at (if applicable) a local FS hyatt and collect your diamond amenities for each stay and whatever free b/f, lounge access etc you can squeeze out of them

To clarify, what I mean by transferable is whether I am allowed to use them to book a room for another couple when we are not also staying at the same hotel at the same time. Just trying to do a nice thing for some friends, not to make money. Is this allowed?

Starwood Lurker Aug 4, 2010 11:58 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC (Post 14422036)
To clarify, what I mean by transferable is whether I am allowed to use them to book a room for another couple when we are not also staying at the same hotel at the same time. Just trying to do a nice thing for some friends, not to make money. Is this allowed?

According to the Terms and Conditions of the offer, they are not transferrable. However, if you are also staying at the same time, you could book a second room for another guest.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

PresRDC Aug 4, 2010 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 14422110)
According to the Terms and Conditions of the offer, they are not transferrable. However, if you are also staying at the same time, you could book a second room for another guest.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Okay. Thanks.

sparco Aug 4, 2010 2:25 pm

Columbus Ohio Westin - Back to the alma mater to see my Ohio State Buckeyes play Indiana at the 'Shoe.

Peatisback Aug 4, 2010 3:29 pm

Booked the W South Beach for Thanksgiving weekend... Not a bad value when BAR is $799/night

edinmhd Aug 4, 2010 3:41 pm

Earned a bunch. Here's what I've booked so far (learned last year to book as early as possible, virtually while I was earing them:

- W Boston, 1 night (already taken)
- Prince de Galles, 4 nts
- W Union Square, 4 nts
- Phoenician, 2 nts
- Parker Le Meridien 2 nts

Still have a credit, so still got to choose something... but then again it may be nice to be at home on a weekend instead!

sent Aug 4, 2010 8:17 pm

I posted this in the other thread.

2 nights at Hotel Pulitzer. I'm very much looking forward to our trip to Amsterdam followed by Brussels.

Keyser Aug 5, 2010 12:44 am

Originally Posted by edinmhd (Post 14423717)
but then again it may be nice to be at home on a weekend instead!

^^

soy Aug 9, 2010 10:18 am

Using the FFWNs for a weekend at the St Regis Osaka in Dec

Vinodavid Aug 9, 2010 10:25 am

Paris baby...

Using 3 at Prince de Galles for the U2 Concert on Sept 18. Guess where I got the U2 tix.

Keyser Aug 10, 2010 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Vinodavid (Post 14448452)
Using 3 at Prince de Galles for the U2 Concert on Sept 18. Guess where I got the U2 tix.

good stuff....

wilsonnyc Aug 10, 2010 7:42 am

2 nights in September at Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville (worked in nicely as part of a larger trip to Spain)

2 nights somewhere else in early december, hopefully in warm beachy climate for a quick weekend strike , easily accessible from NYC. maybe W Vieques, but still looking around for something worthwhile.

chrisdeaner Aug 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79 (Post 13805164)
13!!!! thats 39 stays in 3 months! wow looks like some serious mattress run there!

Originally Posted by hhoope01 (Post 13805201)
I do believe the promo earning period is 3 months. (Sign-ups end after 2 months though.) But 39 stays in 3 months is still quite a bit of moving around. ;)

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 13805434)
Before the OP edited his post, he talked about 3 nights of hotel hopping per week. 13 weeks @ 3 stays/week = 39 stays.

Originally Posted by saad (Post 13806434)
39 stays in 3 months are definitely a lot....i have a total of 21 stays booked in may-june & i thought that was a lot....mostly all work stays in different cities so no hotel hopping....

that is quite a bit of hotel hopping....i don't think i could do that....

This is what happens when I forget to check a thread I posted in! Correct that I was using 3 stays/week for 13 weeks for 13 earned FWNs. There are two Westins within walking distance where I stay and I drive into my client site each morning so it actually wasn't too bad (I did the same thing last year in LA between a Westin and Sheraton). I ended up with 10 total since the first week I didn't hop and I worked from home 2 weeks but not bad. Happy to be back to one hotel for the week though! So far I've (along with the fiancee) used/booked:

3 Nights - Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, HI
3 Nights - Le Meridien Piccadilly London, UK (part of a longer trip including the Westin Paris but only 3 were weekend nights :( )
1 Night - St. Regis San Francisco, CA

3 to go still...hoping for a Palm Springs weekend at the Parker but we'll see what happens. Maybe a ski weekend in Mammoth or Utah instead (since we have til mid-Dec this year!)...

uncle1k Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm

3 nights at the Sheration Saigon Hotel, Viet Nam.