Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Benefit for Platinum Members of SPG (free internet)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Benefit for Platinum Members of SPG (free internet)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:52 am

Great news

^ SPG...just wokeup and saw it on FB.
Question, I have a stay 2/28 thru 3/4....they are not going to charge me at the Westin Imagine for 2/28 are they? (Mike I know you read this buddy!)
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:53 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by aussiechris
Question, I have a stay 2/28 thru 3/4....they are not going to charge me at the Westin Imagine for 2/28 are they? (Mike I know you read this buddy!)
Maybe so; maybe no. The benefit officially begins on March 1st, however.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Cool

Come on man....Dont be a cheap---! Yeah, my cheap--- just said that!

I would charge you, you made your booking before the announcement. If the situation was reversed and they were charging for internet after March 1, would you ask if the February stays would be charged?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Come on man....Dont be a cheap---! Yeah, my cheap--- just said that!

I would charge you, you made your booking before the announcement. If the situation was reversed and they were charging for internet after March 1, would you ask if the February stays would be charged?
What have you been on lately CE?
I will just have to report back and let you know how kind Mike is to an overseas traveller
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
What have you been on lately CE?
I will just have to report back and let you know how kind Mike is to an overseas traveller

I'm Calling the Westin Imagine to warn them about you right now! Darn down-under troublemakers...can't take you people anywhere!!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Well after just getting back from Paris where the cost was 24Euros a night I have to say this is welcome news! Hopefully it applies to wireless in the bar / lounge areas of hotels to as in Paris it was 12 Euros an hour, which was slightly more expensive that the very nice 9 Euro Coffee!

In all seriousness great news, but in general something Starwood needed to do!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:20 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by toddml
Well after just getting back from Paris where the cost was 24Euros a night I have to say this is welcome news! Hopefully it applies to wireless in the bar / lounge areas of hotels to as in Paris it was 12 Euros an hour, which was slightly more expensive that the very nice 9 Euro Coffee!

It doesn't. In fact if I wanted to be a cruel hotel manager, I could say that wifi won't count either as it can be used outside your room. It's a good move by SPG though.

SPG is also the last of the major hotel loyalty programs not to offer breakfast. That's something that personally keeps me clear from most SPG hotels that don't have a lounge.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toddml

I know I am getting ready to head to Europe and was looking at the cost. This is good news.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Excellent! Starwood must have taken to heart all the surveys that showed HSIA as a top request for additional PLT benefits.

However, this makes "Resort Fees" that include HSIA all the more difficult to swallaw. I semi-justified the resort fees in my mind by factoring in a nightly cost of HSIA, but with HSIA now a PLT benefit, mandatory $15-$25/night fees for "free local & 800 number calls", "in room coffee", "daily newspaper", and "daily use of fitness center" (all from Westin Diplomat web) are way too high.

And if these fees are mandatory, why don't the resorts just roll that fee into the nightly rate?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Good move

Thanks to spg!
^
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Good news... now if you rolled out some sort of confirmed suite upgrades, I may have to stop this little affair I am having with Hyatt
Originally Posted by kluau88
Just saw this on FB too ^

Closing the gap with Hyatt...slightly
+1 Fingers crossed breakfast is next
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:59 am
formerly v88matta

GREAT NEWS! I guess there won't be any more stupid $100+ charges for internet during my stays.

STARWOOD is the BEST...

[breakfast would be nice as well ]
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Definitely a huge ^ Thank you Starwood!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
William, you rock the house.

Obrigado!

(+1 for breakfast - but not complaining! You know it's hard to please us "Picky Plats", right William?)
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
This is a HUGE Benefit in Australia!

I am currently staying at the Sheraton on the Park in Sydney, where HS in-room internet costs AU$ 29.95 (US$ 26.95) per day. I just wished the benefit would apply to plats checking out after 3/1/2010! The wording on the SPG website should be tightened up so there would be no arguments at the front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.