Wiki Posts
Search

Best Starwood Bathroom?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2003, 1:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Best Starwood Bathroom?

Silly question I know, but I was asked this evening what hotel had the most extravagant bathroom, (ie, with biggest tub, multi-head shower, granite, slate, glass doors, etc.)

Having spent many a night with Starwood over the past 3 years, I'm thinking for me it was either The Westin La Cantera Resort in San Antonio, or the W Seattle. I had great suite upgrades in both. That's not to say that the St. Regis Grand in Rome doesn't have a Awesome bathroom (suite again), but I think my winner would be The Westin La Cantera.

Anyone else?
Old Nov 29, 2003, 2:46 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
My top 3 list:

Hotel Fürstenhof in Leipzig where I liked the mix of glass and wood ... and of course the bathroom amenities.

Park Lane Sheraton Hotel in London with mirrors on both sides making nice effects and a rather large bathroom.

ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel in Munich where I especially like the shower and the functional layout of the bathroom.

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M
Old Nov 29, 2003, 8:27 am

Several of the Luxury Collection Haciendas in Mexico had spectacular bathrooms, bigger than most starwood hotel rooms too!

[This message has been edited by phoney (edited Nov 29, 2003).]
Old Nov 29, 2003, 9:14 am

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Again, with my usual favourite: Mardavall Resort and Spa --- very nice flat screen TV over two marble sinks that are a basin that drains the water away thru gravity into a slit in the stone. The shower was constructed very beautifully too. Then, there is a raised up 2 person jacuzzi-tub which faces the TV mentioned above, on one side -- then thru French doors, the Mediterranean on the other. The toilet/bidet were sectioned off the bathroom common areas. Great stone work throughout the very large bathroom and even had original art (including in the toilet room). Fantastico!!!

The other nice one was the huge Astor level suite I had at St Regis Monarch Beach. Huge bathroom with seperate shower and bath. Bath was 2 person (could have been 3 it was so large). It had sound coming in from the massive TV in the bedroom, which you could control from the wall units in the bathroom. The raised bathtub had seperate windows around it that could look onto the bedroom/TV. The shower was beautifully done in marble and glass - I think with several shower heads. Then, the toilet areas were contained in seperate areas that also had wall units to the TV sound. There were two full bathrooms in that suite; but, only one of them had the very large tub. Wonderful!

[This message has been edited by AA_SPG_Fan (edited Nov 29, 2003).]
Old Nov 29, 2003, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Westin Melbourne gets my vote.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 12:01 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
The Westin in Manila has air conditioned outhouse.
Just kidding... this topic smells bad. I should have played golf this morning.
Belated Happy Thanksgiving to ALL...
Old Nov 29, 2003, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
St Regis Monarch Beach has my vote. Big Jacuzzi tub with marble all over the bathroom. AA_SPG_Fan pretty much describes it all.

Althought it's no longer with the SPG program, the Caesear Palace's petite suite has nice bathroom, too. His and her marble shower and toilet, two person Jacuzzi tub. I think the toilet is almost as big as the room.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 12:52 pm

The Princeville with the jacuzzi tub that has the switch to change the tint on the window so you can see the ocean.

Someone can describe this much better, but the Travel Channel has done some specials on the hotel and this is always a focus of the part on the Princeville.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Honorable mention (at the very least) to the Diplomat in Hollywood Florida.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 5:51 pm
Original Member

Greetings from Bangkok. The best ever in my opinion is the Sheraton Sukumvit.

The worst: Any Four Points.

Old Nov 29, 2003, 6:39 pm

I'll give a second vote for the Park Lane Sheraton. Its far from extravagant but I sure loved the shower, it must have been flowing at 20 gallons per minute.

Jay
Old Nov 30, 2003, 6:54 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
The St. Regis in Beijng (suite) is wonderful.

The Imperial in KL is nice too.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 7:06 am

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
The bathroom at the Westin Grand in Washington, DC, was previously my favorite. It's a beautiful marble bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub, but the best of all was the old shower heads they used to have.

The people in my office called them "hurricane" showers, and they truly deserved the name. They must have used a ton of water, but they were fabulous. Alas, with the advent of the Heavenly Bath shower heads, this benefit is gone. And, I've rarely stayed there since (giving my business to the Embassy Row, instead). But, I'll always have memories. Sigh.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Plat; PC Plat; Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The Westin Palo Alto has large modern bathrooms, that are well lit, all marble, with separate shower stall. Doesn't sound like its up to the Mardavall Resort standards, but worth an honorable mention.

Older, city, hotels tend to have the smallest bathrooms. I'm at the Westin Copley this weekend, and though in a Junior suite the bathroom is one of the smallest I've ever had to negotiate. In these times, I don't think they'd aportion the space between the rooms this way if they had the choice.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 4:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by claes059:
The St. Regis in Beijng (suite) is wonderful.
</font>
I'll second that thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.