Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Advice on booking for UK resident starting RTW in IST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on booking for UK resident starting RTW in IST

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Priority Pass
Question Advice on booking for UK resident, now starting RTW in ARN

Thanks to all who responded to my original post

With the IST price rises it looks like my best bet now is to head to Sweden. More expensive than some alternatives, but I can get a oneway budget flight to one of the more remote airports that Ryanair likes to call 'Stockholm' . So it now looks like:
ARN-LHR-YYC-overland-SEA-SFO-LAX-LAS-LAX-NAN-CHC(via AKL no stopover)-SYD-AKL-NRT-HKG-BKK-KUL-SIN-JNB-FRA-ARN

My question now is, what's the best way for me to go about booking/ticketing this?

Also, I've found this thread which refers to using a Canadian travel agent. I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, what is it about Canadian travel agents that allows them to do this? (and can I still do it).

thanks again

Last edited by Markmat; Apr 18, 2005 at 6:30 am Reason: Edited to account for post-price increase change of departure point!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:06 am
glg

Originally Posted by Markmat
Also, I've found this thread which refers to using a Canadian travel agent. I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, what is it about Canadian travel agents that allows them to do this? (and can I still do it).
Canadian law prohibits the higher prices.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glg
Canadian law prohibits the higher prices.
Can anyone recommend any Canadian agents to use? (or do I just contact an AC office in Canada?).

thanks
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:43 am

Programs: Star going on Oneworld
Originally Posted by Markmat
Can anyone recommend any Canadian agents to use? (or do I just contact an AC office in Canada?).

thanks
How about looking up Google under travel agents in any Canadian city of your choice?

It would be easier if you have an American Express card, so you can book though any Amex travel offices in Canada.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WildRice
How about looking up Google under travel agents in any Canadian city of your choice?
Thanks, I'd thought of that. I was really trying to find out whether anyone could recommend a particular agent who had previously handled this kind of booking (ie. non-Canadian resident and non-Canadian start point).

It would be easier if you have an American Express card, so you can book though any Amex travel offices in Canada.
I do have an Amex card, but it's a UK sterling card, so I'll still end up paying a fee on the currency exchange

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.