Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounge access without *a ticket (while gold)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3

Hi,

tomorrow I am going to fly out of Heathrow terminal 5, but with BA since it happened to be much cheaper than the usual alternatives.

is there any lounge there where I can get in on my A3 gold card still? Would be nice as I have many hours to kill.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Only way I can think of to use your A3 card is purchase a fully refundable ticket on a *A carrier, ideally that leaves after you've departed the lounge. However, if you're going from T5, I don't think there are there any *A lounges there anyway.

Other than that, Priority Pass or Diners Club cards.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
No *A lounges (or flights) from T5. The only *A lounges are in T2 and, once past security, it's extremely difficult to get to T5, or even exit T2 (such a convoluted method that you absolutely don't want to go there). And you'd have to buy a *A full fare ticket and then refund it, something that LH has prosecuted before.

Much better to use some of the savings and enjoy a nice meal in Plane Talk at T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.