Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Help with prices C class US - UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm not really sure where the best place to post this is, so hope it is ok in here.

I am putting together a proposal for work to host a professional development event. The presenter will be coming from the US (Denver) and will visiting both the UK and Ireland.

As the event is still 12months out, I can't get pricing for airfares yet, however I put in dummy dates for next March using ITA for both DEN - LHR // SNN - DEN and DEN - LHR - DEN (will use seperate EI flights for Ireland) in C.

The cheapest coming up for the DEN - LHR //SNN - DEN itinerary is just under $5000 while DEN - LHR - DEN is $3200 but it is with BMI / UA and BMI won't actually be around in the BMI form for much longer, so otherwise the price is $5200. The presenter hasn't specified any specific airline or alliance at this stage (and I don't don't if they will).

My question is, are these prices reasonable for C class for US - UK I need something to work with in terms of putting the proposal together. Any time I have flown in C it has been with miles so I have no idea of what the price actually is

Thanks,
Mel.b
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
$5000 for US-Europe in Business is right in the middle. Usually a discount Z fare can be had for under $3000, sometimes closer to $2000. But there are multiple restrictions and hefty change fees (around $400).

A full C fare is often $9000 or more.

A D fare is often around $5-7k.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.