Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Transit *G Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/Plat, AS MPV
LAX Transit *G Lounges

I'll be flying in from SYD on UA, and onto MEX also on UA - presumably in/out of Terminal 7. The layover would be potentially 7 hours or so - can anyone advise whether access to other *G lounges (TBIT, or Air NZ) would be possible to allow for a shower (as the United Club doesn't seem to have shower facilities); or would clearing security be a hinderance?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Clearing security would be an obstacle. Not impossible to overcome, but convincing the TSA that you should be able to get through can be an interesting experience.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), BA Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by gabes80
can anyone advise whether access to other *G lounges (TBIT, or Air NZ) would be possible to allow for a shower (as the United Club doesn't seem to have shower facilities); or would clearing security be a hinderance?

Thanks in advance.
I've done it a couple times accessing the NZ lounge when travelling solely on a UA itinerary (and solely domestic for that matter). Both times, I presented my boarding pass issued by United (with my foreign passport) and the TSA checking the boarding passes never said anything about my flight not departing from there. I'd recommend approaching the podium just as if you are supposed to be in that terminal, and only if they say anything, just say that you are entering that terminal to make use of the lounge facilities. Good luck with it, the NZ lounge at LAX is awesome and well worth the side-trip to Terminal 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.