Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Minimum flight transfter time at Madrid Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum flight transfter time at Madrid Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Minimum flight transfter time at Madrid Airport?

On dec 26th I am landing at 11.35 in Barajas Terminal 2. I am flying from Stockholm via München with Lufthansa. Later I am flying out with a 13.00 Aerosur flight to Bolivia. Its in Terminal 1. A seperate booking.

My question is:
Its 1 hour 25 minutes between the flights. Is that enough to pick up the luggage, run to Terminal 1, check in and get the the gate? Will I have to pass through any passport or security controls from leaving the flight, getting the luggage and running to Terminal 1 for checkin? How is the reliability on the Lufthansa flight?

Flights in question:
Lufthansa 1800 2h 45min
München 08.50 F.J. Strauss airport (MUC) | Terminal 2
Madrid 11.35 Barajas airport (MAD) | Terminal 2

Madrid Barajas
Aerosur 5L544
Madrid - Santa Cruz Viru Viru, Bolivia
13:00

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FT!
Search is your friend http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...d-airport.html
Basically, 1hr 25mins is not enough time on separate tickets. Don't do it!
Book an earlier LH connection.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Most likely not enough time. If your LH flight is delayed, you're in deep trouble.

T2 is quite good at getting luggage to the carousel within a few minutes (in my experience less than 15 min) from the time the plane parks at the gate. From there, it's about a 15 min walk to T1 (same building), so that eats half an hour right there. You probably need to check in at least an hour prior to your flight, and I doubt LH interlines with Aerosur. If you manage to make it that far, you're all set -- just go through passport control and on to the gate. That usually takes less than 10-15 minutes as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.