Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lap Child - flight not full

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Lap Child - flight not full

I'm flying with a lap child, but the flight isn't full. Can I bring my son's carseat in the event that I get an empty seat next to me to put him in? I figure if I don't get the empty seat I could always gate check the carseat, and then just keep him on my lap as originally planned.

Anyone know the policy?

Thanks so much!!!!!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:18 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Excellent explanation in a recently revived thread.

Last edited by ftnoob; Apr 25, 2009 at 12:06 am Reason: technicality
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Great info!! Thank you!!!
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Nennie
I'm flying with a lap child, but the flight isn't full. Can I bring my son's carseat in the event that I get an empty seat next to me to put him in? I figure if I don't get the empty seat I could always gate check the carseat, and then just keep him on my lap as originally planned.

Anyone know the policy?

Thanks so much!!!!!
I think you just answered yourself all the questions you needed answered.
Old May 7, 2009, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

I just wanted to update that I was able to use the carseat on both flights! I also managed to somehow get the first row on both flights too (ka-ching!), so it was great to have all that extra leg room as well as the extra room in front of the carseat (it's rear-facing).

Thanks so much everyone for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.