Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Get Limited Companion Pass, book by 4/9 if already registered, was 3/28 (was 3/27)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get Limited Companion Pass, book by 4/9 if already registered, was 3/28 (was 3/27)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dean1953
I registered today. I have a one way in late April, non stop MCI to LAX using points (at around $140 in points). This is the only time that I’m flying during the promotional period. I’m considering canceling my points flight and paying for 2 one way tickets; MCI to DEN and DEN to LAX. The cost for both would be $180-$190. I called Southwest and they said this would qualify. I asked if I could have my 2 bags checked through to LAX they said I could ask but was non committal on whether they would do it for me. I’m assuming that 2.5 to 3 hours is enough in Denver to retrieve bags and check them in again. Does that sound feasible?
Probably, assuming the first flight lands on time. The TSA checkpoint can get bad at DEN.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Had trouble finding a cheap fare (all the intra-CA fares seem to have doubled during the promo period, shocker) but decided to take a flyer on a $120 RT mileage run in late April. At worst I get stuck with WN scrip if I change my mind.

Have previously passed on these offers, but as others have noted, the Aug-Sept period was just to good to pass up and I expect I will easily get some value from the CP. Then it will be time to decide whether to do the credit card jig for a normal CP.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:56 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Arrow

The offer has been extended. You now have an extra day to register and buy your tickets.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Perfect timing.

1-night Chicago trip to use up an expiring Marriott 85k free night. Taking my wife for a birthday treat.

Almost sad that the St. Regis is "only" 53k points. (The Ritz was 44k, and it seems people generally prefer the St. Regis.) The only higher point hotel was the Wrigleyville hotel at 66k because the Cubs are at home. But as much as I love a Cubs game, my wife would not be amused if I passed up the St. Regis to be next to a baseball stadium.

We'll then set up 3 or 4 trips during the promotional period...
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jmw
Agreed. Those are some juicy dates. Southwest must be really struggling. But at the same time they don't want to drop those MSRP sky high prices and lose pricing control like we talked about the other day with the $120 intra-CA fares.

It's a bit like the old Braniff BOGO sale where if you bought one ticket, you get a free one in the Fall right before Braniff went bust. WN is not going to Braniff, but they are not doing well.
Those aren’t juicy dates at all. Travel drops off sometime in August and picks up again in October.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by nsx
The offer has been extended. You now have an extra day to register and buy your tickets.
Yes - until Thursday 3/28 (your edit of the title had 3/38 and Friday) - LOL!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:03 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Oops, fixed.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:01 pm

Is it still active? As of 3pm Pacific time on 3/28, all mention of the promotion is gone. It turns out we made flights during the promo, but due to an unexpected death, we have to switch weekends..
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:09 pm

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
Originally Posted by siapplebaum
Is it still active? As of 3pm Pacific time on 3/28, all mention of the promotion is gone. It turns out we made flights during the promo, but due to an unexpected death, we have to switch weekends..
It should still be there on your account Promotions page.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:12 pm

Never mind. If one goes to the link in the original email received about the promo, it confirms that the booking date is through today. It's just that there's nothing showing the promo that I can find on the website directly.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by nsx
Oops, fixed.
I am confused. the extension that was posted this morning was through TODAY, Thursday the 28th.

I am not seeing the 29th on the SWA homepage.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:47 pm

I still see it in MY PROMOS, just registered even though I already have CP:

Terms and Conditions

Register for this promotion, then book one round trip or two one-way qualifying Southwest® flights between 8:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on March 25, 2024 and 11:59 p.m. CT on March 28, 2024 (the “Promotion Period”)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
For anyone in California considering a mileage run the cheapest qualifying fares (ie during the promo period) I found yesterday were $60 OAK-PDX but I did not check outside the Pacific coast corridor. Personally I prefer the intra-CA run but fares are jacked up right now.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:53 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Re-fixed. I need more sleep!
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:18 pm

First time participating in one of these promos, how is the Companion Pass applied to my account? Is it automatically applied to any bookings in the qualifying time period, or will I get a promo code that I need to manually apply to each booking? If it's the latter, how long does it usually take for Southwest to mail out the codes once the promo sign-up period is completed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.