Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Dead] Southwest companion pass with $4k spending is back.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Dead] Southwest companion pass with $4k spending is back.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by abk
My wife’s statement closed Sunday and by noon Monday the companion pass showed up in her Southwest account with a link to add a companion. DO NOT USE THAT LINK TO ADD THE COMPANION. If you use the link like I did it will take your name, birthdate and address but does not have a place for your rapid rewards number. It then automatically generates a new RR number. I called SW and the lady was able to add my correct RR number but she was very clear that it counted as one of her 3 changes. A second lady I spoke with says they alway recommend calling and having them add the companion.
This happened one time but the other two times it figured out who she was and assigned it to the right person.

It is so STUPID for them to not have you enter the correct RR number in the first place.
abk likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:33 am

Does it matter if your companion has their Rapid Rewards number added correctly or not? A companion with status is the only scenario I can think of where it would matter.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jjbiv
Does it matter if your companion has their Rapid Rewards number added correctly or not? A companion with status is the only scenario I can think of where it would matter.
If they are added with the wrong number - sure, they can fly just fine. It would just treat them as a different person, and they would need to log into the app with their "alter-ego" number.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by ronbo83
I called tonight to request a statement date change and was told that they cannot change the statement date for the first statement but subsequent statements can be changed. My statement date is 3/1 which is soon enough for my travel but a little surprised they would not do this.
can I just call and ask the statement to close the next day?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 6:10 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
If they are added with the wrong number - sure, they can fly just fine. It would just treat them as a different person, and they would need to log into the app with their "alter-ego" number.
It would also require you to manually add their known traveler number.
Bearbear likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by louiesmom
can I just call and ask the statement to close the next day?
According to the person I spoke to, the first statement date could not be changed. YMMV if you want to call and give it a try.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:37 pm

After meeting the minimum spend requirement, I got my 30k+ Rapid Rewards bonus points last Tuesday but still haven't seen the limited validity companion pass reflected in my Southwest account yet. Plan accordingly if you have close-in travel plans where you are trying to take a companion with you.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After meeting the minimum spend requirement, I got my 30k+ Rapid Rewards bonus points last Tuesday but still haven't seen the limited validity companion pass reflected in my Southwest account yet. Plan accordingly if you have close-in travel plans where you are trying to take a companion with you.
When you say you go the 30k, has your Chase statement closed and posted? How many miles does your CHASE statement show? (statement, not month to date)
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:11 pm

When you say you go the 30k, has your Chase statement closed and posted? How many miles does your CHASE statement show? (statement, not month to date)
Chase statement closed 3/26 and I see the points in my Rapid Rewards account as of the same date.

Here's what the statement says:
+ Points earned on all other purchases 4,008
+ New Cardmember Bonus 30,000

ACCOUNT SUMMARY
SOUTHWEST® RAPID
REWARDS® CREDIT CARD
SUMMARY
- Total Rapid Rewards transf. to
Southwest 34,008
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay - at least two reasons your points do not show on your SWA account.

1 - for some very rare reason, they just did not get transferred correctly. Seems that 95% of folks get miles in 1-2 days but a few get delayed

or

2 - You did not use the correct SWA RR number when you applied for the card and those miles went into another account in your name. Since chase does not show the SWA RR number, this can be frustrating. Have you gotten points from this card transferred to SWA before, or was this the first statement?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:09 am

Okay - at least two reasons your points do not show on your SWA account.

1 - for some very rare reason, they just did not get transferred correctly. Seems that 95% of folks get miles in 1-2 days but a few get delayed

or

2 - You did not use the correct SWA RR number when you applied for the card and those miles went into another account in your name. Since chase does not show the SWA RR number, this can be frustrating. Have you gotten points from this card transferred to SWA before, or was this the first statement?
My RR points from Chase showed up in my Southwest RR account on 3/26 (the same date as my Chase statement closing date). I got the companion pass posted to my Rapid Rewards account today (4/2; exactly one week later).
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:02 pm

My RR points from Chase showed up in my Southwest RR account on 3/26 (the same date as my Chase statement closing date). I got the companion pass posted to my Rapid Rewards account today (4/2; exactly one week later).
Today, I received the "Congrats! You earned Companion Pass." email from Southwest (the pass was actually in my RR account on Southwest.com yesterday and I had already used it to add my companion to my existing trips). Hopefully this timeline helps someone else who is waiting for the pass to hit their account. I was stressing out about potentially having missed a requirement or detail in the process until it showed up for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.