Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN refuses to allow young woman to bring pet fish onboard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN refuses to allow young woman to bring pet fish onboard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:05 am

So she "loved" the fish, but not enough to postpone the trip or make other arrangements for the fish and take up the offer of a later flight?

As for feeling "utterly humiliated" and "like a criminal"... I'll cut this snowflake a bit of slack on account of this being her first time out in the world (apparently).
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:27 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Was it named Eric?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Was it named Eric?
I'm guessing that's really why she couldn't take it with her. She didn't have a fish license.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:32 am

Someone wanted their 15 minutes of fame.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Was it named Eric?
Nope. Not Wanda either.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Sounds like she did it on porpoise. Will probably clam up once exposed as a gold fish digger. We've heard this tuna before, some people hate being packed in like sardines after having only a C grouper pass, and need their em-oceanial support pets. Helps bring them out of their shell. So they try, just for the halibut, hoping to reach home bass. Unfortunatly she got cod, and delayed the whole flight by several minnows. When things like this come down the pike, I get a painful haddock. Make me crabby. Makes my neck musscles hurt.

How shellfish of her.
Boraxo, bowl857, nsx and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
The article notes, "According to the TSA website, live fish are allowed on board as a carry on." But how much water are they allowed to be transported in? Virtually any type of fish someone would keep as a pet requires more than the ordinary limit of 100mL water to survive. It seems like this would be a back door around the liquids ban. Watch out for exploding fish!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I flew cross-country with my pet beta fish while moving on another airline.

TSA actually allows fish through security with more water; they just need to swab and check for explosives.

However, the airline didn't allow fish to fly so I kept in my bag and checked on him once in a while, opening the lid to make sure he had some new air. Had no issues and no one except my seat mate knew until the end of the flight when I told him.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: Hilton (D)
Goldfish to replace peanuts onboard.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
This is the ESA I'll support!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/airlines-cant-turn-you-away-this-time-popeyes-emotional-support-chicken-comes-to-philly/
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
Sounds like she did it on porpoise. Will probably clam up once exposed as a gold fish digger. We've heard this tuna before, some people hate being packed in like sardines after having only a C grouper pass, and need their em-oceanial support pets. Helps bring them out of their shell. So they try, just for the halibut, hoping to reach home bass. Unfortunatly she got cod, and delayed the whole flight by several minnows. When things like this come down the pike, I get a painful haddock. Make me crabby. Makes my neck musscles hurt.

How shellfish of her.
Fin-tastic post!
Proudelitist likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bowl857
Fin-tastic post!
Props to Kip Addota and his song "Wet Dream"
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Freddy is not an ESA and may not be able to handle the altitude quite well. Down in the water then yes but up high not so sure. The TSAmay be good at draining the water leading to a sad fish and child.

Wait a minute how did Freddy get past TSA with the 3-1-1-?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
So she "loved" the fish, but not enough to postpone the trip or make other arrangements for the fish and take up the offer of a later flight?

As for feeling "utterly humiliated" and "like a criminal"... I'll cut this snowflake a bit of slack on account of this being her first time out in the world (apparently).
The "Flat tire" rule sure would be great! Oh and poor Freddy could not get his peanuts anyways.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:44 pm

The fish is saved. https://www.ctpost.com/technology/bu...e-13479424.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.