FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1902499-no-more-double-dip-southwest-personal-credit-card-signup-bonuses.html)

Critterlynn Apr 5, 2018 3:04 pm

No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses

Bad news for earning the companion pass:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-re...-credit-cards/

flyer4512 Apr 5, 2018 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn (Post 29607252)

Still doable via a business and Personal card but how long will that loophole last

New language and the bonus has also dropped to 40K

40,000 Bonus Points
The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapids RewardsŪ Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Cardmembers of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Card and Employee Credit Card products.

Critterlynn Apr 5, 2018 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29607288)
Still doable via a business and Personal card but how long will that loophole last

40,000 Bonus Points
The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapids RewardsŪ Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Cardmembers of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Card and Employee Credit Card products.

Yeah I kind of figured that was getting ready to happen. About 3 days ago my referral offers dropped to 40,000.

nsx Apr 5, 2018 5:51 pm

I believe the 2 personal card deal would still be alive if the credit card pimps had not flogged it like a rented mule for the past several years, to mix metaphors. They made their money for a while and we permanently lost our one remaining reasonable path to CP.

Cledaybuck Apr 5, 2018 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29607288)

40,000 Bonus Points

It still says 50k on Southwest's home page.

flyer4512 Apr 5, 2018 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 29607833)
It still says 50k on Southwest's home page.

That was from the 50K plus link listed in the WIKI of the credit card thread. It now defaults to 40K with the new language. My guess is that all the SW personal cards will be updated shortly.

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...thwest-premier

flyer4512 Apr 5, 2018 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 29607790)
I believe the 2 personal card deal would still be alive if the credit card pimps had not flogged it like a rented mule for the past several years, to mix metaphors. They made their money for a while and we permanently lost our one remaining reasonable path to CP.

They are still making one last run as there are some links that have not yet been updated

Phanto Apr 5, 2018 9:03 pm

If you already have one and try to get the other (TODAY!) do you think you'll just denied or do you think you'll get the card but no bonus? Tough to say reading the policy.

And this bites! :(

-Phanto

flyer4512 Apr 5, 2018 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Phanto (Post 29608287)
If you already have one and try to get the other (TODAY!) do you think you'll just denied or do you think you'll get the card but no bonus? Tough to say reading the policy.

And this bites! :(

-Phanto

In the past Chase has not approved cards and denied the bonus

Phanto Apr 5, 2018 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29608304)
In the past Chase has not approved cards and denied the bonus

Hmmmmmm...Interesting.. Well, I was approved so maybe I have a chance! Guess I'll find out after the $1k spend! :)

flyer4512 Apr 5, 2018 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Phanto (Post 29608323)
Hmmmmmm...Interesting.. Well, I was approved so maybe I have a chance! Guess I'll find out after the $1k spend! :)

So you got a 40K card/$1K spend ? Was it via a referral ?

My wife was approved for a 50k/$2k this afternoon without the new language

Phanto Apr 5, 2018 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29608331)
So you got a 40K card/$1K spend ? Was it via a referral ?

My wife was approved for a 50k/$2k this afternoon without the new language

Yeah, it was a referral and I went back to it and saw the new language so maybe that's when things changed. I'm hoping they just flat out deny the card if you're not eligible, but probably not going to go my way.. :(

flyer4512 Apr 5, 2018 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Phanto (Post 29608348)
Yeah, it was a referral and I went back to it and saw the new language so maybe that's when things changed. I'm hoping they just flat out deny the card if you're not eligible, but probably not going to go my way.. :(

The card should be in your online account now.............send Chase a SM and ask by what date you have to spend the $1000 to get the bonus points and see what they say.

This is a new scenario so who knows if they will approve people and deny bonuses

In the past they denied cards for violating 5/24 or applying before 24 months had passed since your last bonus.

The bloggers are reporting the applications without the new language SHOULD work but nobody will know for sure for at least a few weeks

Phanto Apr 5, 2018 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29608359)
The card should be in your online account now.............send Chase a SM and ask by what date you have to spend the $1000 to get the bonus points and see what they say.

This is a new scenario so who knows if they will approve people and deny bonuses

In the past they denied cards for violating 5/24 or applying before 24 months had passes since your last bonus.

The bloggers are reporting the applications without the new language SHOULD work but nobody will know for sure for at least a few weeks

Ahhh yeah! Good point! I'll shoot them a message now since the fog of war is still in effect! :)

flyer4512 Apr 5, 2018 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Phanto (Post 29608392)
Ahhh yeah! Good point! I'll shoot them a message now since the fog of war is still in effect! :)

Good luck , if they say you are eligible I would make that spend ASAP