FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Companion Pass And Boarding Order (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1842764-companion-pass-boarding-order.html)

rsteinmetz70112 May 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1 (Post 28320183)
Again, for seemingly the millionth time: Rudest person wins.

Unless they get so rude they get thrown off the plane.

SpaceCoastBill May 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 (Post 28320503)
Unless they get so rude they get thrown off the plane.

Almost happened to the jerk saving a row 1 seat Sunday. He finally huffed his way back to row 4 still mouthing off when I wouldn't have any of his seat saving.

The FA and the Capt were having a lengthy discussion, thought the guy was gonna get removed.

Blitzjb May 17, 2017 6:04 am

Spend the $15 for auto check in. It saves time and stress of worrying about checking in exactly 24 hrs prior to the flight.

NextTrip May 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Joel Blitzer (Post 28322665)
Spend the $15 for auto check in. It saves time and stress of worrying about checking in exactly 24 hrs prior to the flight.

Agree! The companion's flight is FREE (except taxes) already.

Boraxo Jun 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Related question: I have A-list but my CP does not.

Assume that I still have to checkin first even though my BP # is preassigned?

What is the collective experience with a boarding a child CP with a lower BP at same time as an adult with earlier BP?

We have had mixed success with doing this without CP though some agents have chewed me out. If they don’t allow it I will simply save him a choice seat (alas no exit row yet as he’s not 14).

Please save your lectures on the “rules”

Kevin AA Jun 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 29896809)

What is the collective experience with a boarding a child CP with a lower BP at same time as an adult with earlier BP?

We have had mixed success with doing this without CP though some agents have chewed me out. If they don’t allow it I will simply save him a choice seat (alas no exit row yet as he’s not 14).

Too bad. Board at the higher number.

steved5480 Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Boarding with Toddler at My Number

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sout...my-number.html

kaller Jun 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blitzjb (Post 28322665)

Yep, I'm AP and typically board A16-18 (fly too much) and buy Early Bird for my Companion (wife) as soon as possible (Early Bird boarding sequence is believed to be in order of purchase dates). I'm an exit row aisle guy and seldom have any issues saving a center or LUV (2 seat row) seat.

synergistic Jun 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Nope, in your case you're going to want to check in the companion first. Often I don't even bother to check myself in until I'm heading to the airport, but we try to get as close to T-24 as we can for him.

Boraxo Jun 24, 2018 6:20 pm

In the end it did not matter as we got a medical pre-board (my son is recovering from a torn ACL) and took seats 1B & 1C. :) But good to know drill for future flights.

Allan38103 Jun 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Show your two boarding passes to the GA and ask (politely) "can my minor board with me?" If the GA says "yes", then go ahead. If GA says "No", then wait till after A-60 or the minor's boarding #, whichever comes first, then go ahead. Either way, you're doing it right.

RustyShackleford1 Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm

I'm still confused about Companions and boarding. Recent flight, I'm waiting to board in A group (not preferred) and guy comes up and joins woman next to me. I ask how they managed to get boarding passes together, and they said "companion pass", and indeed they had their companion-pass cards out, like they'd need to show them to the gate agent (but I don't think they did). I don't know for sure they both had boarding passes to be in that boarding position, but agent let them both board.

Reading this thread, there appears to be no special policy that allows companions to board with their CP holder, if they do not have an as-good or better boarding position. So if you want to board together and with good boarding positions, you both need to buy EB, or both check-in right at the 24hr mark. Do I have that right ?

steved5480 Jul 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford1 (Post 29966736)
I'm still confused about Companions and boarding. Recent flight, I'm waiting to board in A group (not preferred) and guy comes up and joins woman next to me. I ask how they managed to get boarding passes together, and they said "companion pass", and indeed they had their companion-pass cards out, like they'd need to show them to the gate agent (but I don't think they did). I don't know for sure they both had boarding passes to be in that boarding position, but agent let them both board.

Reading this thread, there appears to be no special policy that allows companions to board with their CP holder, if they do not have an as-good or better boarding position. So if you want to board together and with good boarding positions, you both need to buy EB, or both check-in right at the 24hr mark. Do I have that right ?

Yes.

ursine1 Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Buying EB or checking in right at t-24 doesn't guarantee consecutive boarding positions. The only way to board together is for the person with the lower position to board with the other person at their higher position.

Southwest tested allowing Companions to board with the CP holder some months ago, but it was never fully adopted as policy (as of this writing).

flyer4512 Jul 12, 2018 3:43 pm

We use CP and buy EBCI for both flights the day flights go on sale. We have flown at least 50 flights and only once have we not had consecutive boarding spots. The one time that happened was when WN was having problems and A listers were getting C spots and my wife had A -35 and I had B-4