FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   IND --> MDW & MDW --> IND ... How full are the flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1836046-ind-mdw-mdw-ind-how-full-flights.html)

SosaGBE300 Apr 11, 2017 5:44 pm

IND --> MDW & MDW --> IND ... How full are the flights?

I am going to MDW from IND tomorrow, how full are the flights and vice versa? I got A-46, where should i sit?

birdiedouble Apr 12, 2017 5:24 am

Pick any open seat. The flight is just over 30 minutes. What are you worried about?

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

toomanybooks Apr 12, 2017 6:35 am

Not what you asked, but MDW and IND are so close it is hardly worth flying. Quick easy drive.

wetrat0 Apr 12, 2017 6:50 am

Sit in the front, that's what everyone else does so it must be good :confused:

wetrat0 Apr 12, 2017 7:00 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 28166909)
Not what you asked, but MDW and IND are so close it is hardly worth flying. Quick easy drive.

Assuming that you already own a car and enjoy driving, perhaps. It's not always an easy drive with traffic in Chicago and construction on I-65.

There are many reasons flying could be worth it. If the OP has to rent a car, plus gas, tolls, parking, it will easily exceed the cost of a $59 WGA fare. If going downtown to downtown Megabus is more direct, but if I were say a few segments away from AL or CP I would go with WN.

Kevin AA Apr 12, 2017 8:04 am

SosaGBE300 Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Originally Posted by wetrat0 (Post 28166989)
Assuming that you already own a car and enjoy driving, perhaps. It's not always an easy drive with traffic in Chicago and construction on I-65.

There are many reasons flying could be worth it. If the OP has to rent a car, plus gas, tolls, parking, it will easily exceed the cost of a $59 WGA fare. If going downtown to downtown Megabus is more direct, but if I were say a few segments away from AL or CP I would go with WN.

i don't have a car and i live really close to mdw. i get motion sickness from buses and megabus/greyhound drops you off in the loop which is far from where i live on the south side

hiker72 Apr 12, 2017 11:44 am

That flight is so short you could do it standing on your head. Where you sit is just about irrelevant.

bgriz18 Apr 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 28166909)

For the most part yes. IND-MDW is mainly for connections. For example before adding IND-MDW getting to MSP was a pain. With the only reasonable option being IND-MCI-MSP but each of those segment ran twice daily.

But in the winter IND-MDW can be very useful. I-65 between Indianapolis to Chicago can be very treacherous and sometimes impassable. An easy~3 hour drive to Chicago can easily become 5+ hours in the winter. There is massive wind farm in north of Lafayette. It can be very windy, icy, and snowy. Believe me I used to do the drive up to Milwaukee every week in the winter. Not very fun.