Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

IND --> MDW & MDW --> IND ... How full are the flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

I am going to MDW from IND tomorrow, how full are the flights and vice versa? I got A-46, where should i sit?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Pick any open seat. The flight is just over 30 minutes. What are you worried about?

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Not what you asked, but MDW and IND are so close it is hardly worth flying. Quick easy drive.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Sit in the front, that's what everyone else does so it must be good
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Not what you asked, but MDW and IND are so close it is hardly worth flying. Quick easy drive.
Assuming that you already own a car and enjoy driving, perhaps. It's not always an easy drive with traffic in Chicago and construction on I-65.

There are many reasons flying could be worth it. If the OP has to rent a car, plus gas, tolls, parking, it will easily exceed the cost of a $59 WGA fare. If going downtown to downtown Megabus is more direct, but if I were say a few segments away from AL or CP I would go with WN.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wetrat0
Assuming that you already own a car and enjoy driving, perhaps. It's not always an easy drive with traffic in Chicago and construction on I-65.

There are many reasons flying could be worth it. If the OP has to rent a car, plus gas, tolls, parking, it will easily exceed the cost of a $59 WGA fare. If going downtown to downtown Megabus is more direct, but if I were say a few segments away from AL or CP I would go with WN.
i don't have a car and i live really close to mdw. i get motion sickness from buses and megabus/greyhound drops you off in the loop which is far from where i live on the south side
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:44 am

That flight is so short you could do it standing on your head. Where you sit is just about irrelevant.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
For the most part yes. IND-MDW is mainly for connections. For example before adding IND-MDW getting to MSP was a pain. With the only reasonable option being IND-MCI-MSP but each of those segment ran twice daily.

But in the winter IND-MDW can be very useful. I-65 between Indianapolis to Chicago can be very treacherous and sometimes impassable. An easy~3 hour drive to Chicago can easily become 5+ hours in the winter. There is massive wind farm in north of Lafayette. It can be very windy, icy, and snowy. Believe me I used to do the drive up to Milwaukee every week in the winter. Not very fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.