FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   How Early to Arrive at DAL? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1775390-how-early-arrive-dal.html)

jrussell Jun 30, 2016 10:10 am

How Early to Arrive at DAL?

I'm flying out of DAL on a Saturday morning at 8:00 am. How early should I arrive at the airport? Haven't traveled from DAL on a weekend in a long time and don't know what security is like, SW says arrive 2 hrs early. Is this really necessary?

jeffandnicole Jun 30, 2016 10:20 am

No later than 90 minutes early. Planning to arrive 2 hours early not only builds in a little time in case there are lines at security, but also if you wind up having issues along the highway, such as a car breaking down, traffic accident, construction, etc.

MrMan Jun 30, 2016 11:43 am

An hour is fine as long as you have your boarding pass. Saturday morning will be a ghost town. I fly out of DAL weekly and never spend more than 15 minutes in security. In fact I can get from my front door 14 blocks from end of runway to gate in 12 minutes most mornings. Caviat this is if you take Uber to airport. Parking at Love can be an issue, so Uber!

jrussell Jun 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks for the replies. I usually use Uber but this time I have to have a car at the airport. Planning to use Best or Parking Spot. Are either (or both) of these reasonably efficient in getting passengers to the terminal?

MrMan Jun 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Being holiday weekend I would Uber or park in new remote lot on Harry Hines

swag Jul 1, 2016 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by jrussell (Post 26853475)
Thanks for the replies. I usually use Uber but this time I have to have a car at the airport. Planning to use Best or Parking Spot. Are either (or both) of these reasonably efficient in getting passengers to the terminal?

I've never tried Best, but have found Parking Spot to be pretty efficient.

They also accept reservations at no extra cost, but nothing is available for tomorrow morning. Definitely call before you head there, they may be full.

jrussell Jul 1, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks everybody. Very helpful info. I should have been more specific, my travel date is not the 2nd of July but the following Saturday which should certainly offer more manageable options than a Holiday weekend.

alggag Jul 1, 2016 9:17 pm

I'm not sure how the parking at DAL is but in HOU it can (or at least was) difficult to find parking mid weekend during the summer. It might be a good idea to reserve a parking spot just in case to prevent having to drive around seeing who has spots available.

traveller001 Jul 4, 2016 11:14 pm

Parking might still be an issue. Realize DAL has gone from 80 to 180 flights per day in less than two years.

Uber is a good thing at DAL. No parking fees and reasonable Uber cost.