How Early to Arrive at DAL?

Old Jun 30, 16, 11:10 am
Original Poster

How Early to Arrive at DAL?

I'm flying out of DAL on a Saturday morning at 8:00 am. How early should I arrive at the airport? Haven't traveled from DAL on a weekend in a long time and don't know what security is like, SW says arrive 2 hrs early. Is this really necessary?
Old Jun 30, 16, 11:20 am

No later than 90 minutes early. Planning to arrive 2 hours early not only builds in a little time in case there are lines at security, but also if you wind up having issues along the highway, such as a car breaking down, traffic accident, construction, etc.
Old Jun 30, 16, 12:43 pm

An hour is fine as long as you have your boarding pass. Saturday morning will be a ghost town. I fly out of DAL weekly and never spend more than 15 minutes in security. In fact I can get from my front door 14 blocks from end of runway to gate in 12 minutes most mornings. Caviat this is if you take Uber to airport. Parking at Love can be an issue, so Uber!
Old Jun 30, 16, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I usually use Uber but this time I have to have a car at the airport. Planning to use Best or Parking Spot. Are either (or both) of these reasonably efficient in getting passengers to the terminal?
Old Jun 30, 16, 3:48 pm

Being holiday weekend I would Uber or park in new remote lot on Harry Hines
Old Jul 1, 16, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by jrussell View Post
Thanks for the replies. I usually use Uber but this time I have to have a car at the airport. Planning to use Best or Parking Spot. Are either (or both) of these reasonably efficient in getting passengers to the terminal?
I've never tried Best, but have found Parking Spot to be pretty efficient.

They also accept reservations at no extra cost, but nothing is available for tomorrow morning. Definitely call before you head there, they may be full.
Old Jul 1, 16, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everybody. Very helpful info. I should have been more specific, my travel date is not the 2nd of July but the following Saturday which should certainly offer more manageable options than a Holiday weekend.
Old Jul 1, 16, 10:17 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I'm not sure how the parking at DAL is but in HOU it can (or at least was) difficult to find parking mid weekend during the summer. It might be a good idea to reserve a parking spot just in case to prevent having to drive around seeing who has spots available.
Old Jul 5, 16, 12:14 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Parking might still be an issue. Realize DAL has gone from 80 to 180 flights per day in less than two years.

Uber is a good thing at DAL. No parking fees and reasonable Uber cost.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: